How to tell which wax a supplier carries?

:embarasse I'm very frustrated with the suppliers "renaming or renumbering" the soy wax. I'm having a hard time telling if I am double testing! I've searched the archives and can't find a listing of who carries what brand...Oh, did I mention that most of the suppliers won't give me the information! Does anyone know if such a listing exists and where to obtain it? If all else fails, I'm sure I can contact the manufacturers directly and find out who they supply to in my area (or specific companies I'm buying from.)

:embarasse

www.thesoysensational.com

this is the website. Several manufacturers list the suppliers on their website and I can get some info that way, but I can't seem to find this one. They claim it is 100% soy, it has a very low melt point and pours quite well, good adhesion, but it cracks after it cures...looks good for the first 3 days! It is so soft that I doubt it has any pillar wax in it, but I'm thinking some type of additive?? Of course, I'm just guessing here!~!:D

Well, Kandlekrazy... Your right..

They give you no information at all on that site. :undecided

Try the basic Golden Foods 415 soy..

(Which has been said to be BCN's EZ Soy) I find they perform the same.

If you buy the 415/444/464 then you will know exactly what soy you are using instead of guessing at what the suppliers are re-naming their soy.

Here is a link to Golden Foods.. Call and talk to Jason.. He is a big help..

http://www.gfgb.com/candles/candle_products.htm:cool2:

Thanks for the info, the problem is shipping charges, it doubles the cost of wax when I order from suppliers out of my area (Southern CA). I can actually pick up the Cargill C-3 in North Hollywood from Gen Wax and I think I'm just going back to that and dealing with the bubbles around the wick and the occasional sink holes! I'm by no means experienced, but I'm starting to think that you just need to find a wax you like and work out the problems until resolved rather than trying every wax out there???:embarasse

I'm by no means experienced, but I'm starting to think that you just need to find a wax you like and work out the problems until resolved rather than trying every wax out there???

kandlekrazy, you don't sound too danged kwazy to me! I totally agree!

:highfive:

We did change brands right at first, but that wax was just downright awful. Then we researched further and decided on the C-3 - but we knew the problems we were having mostly didn't lie with the wax, it was because we needed to learn a little and get better at our chandling.:D