CandleScience Glass Glow thread #2

Marisa

Finally got around today to do a few more,

Heres another pic, The only problem is my camera is making it look like it has some weird spots on the pillar , but its just the camera..lol . Heres their palm Pillar wax and another of the glass wax scented with winter candy apple this wax is almost shimmery. I like the color retention of this stuff, very vibrant!Only thing, check out the bottoms, you gotta be careful about pouring temps. the bottoms of these are dont have any affect for about 1/2 inch.

post-557-139458424529_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Marisa - I found the same to be true about the bottom in my tumbler - it has a thick bottom. I cooled mine on a dish drain turned upside down so the air flow should have been good around them. The ones I made in 10oz apoth crystalized all the way to bottom though. What size wick did you use in your pillar. I used a 12 in mine but it got real thin on one side after about 4 hrs burn, but it might be that where I was burning it was a little unlevel. It was on one of those things above the sink and it was pretty well loaded with stuff so I think it sways to inside. Will burn elsewhere when I light it again. Will post pictures after it has burned more

I have the csn 12 as well, I might take it out and try a different size tho sicne the reviews ive been hearing a different. I need to order some more of these waxes, Ive used up the wax samples a friend gave me:cry2:

Marisa -

How do you let your candles cool? Gramma puts hers on a dishdrain upside down and one other person puts a box over top to let cool over night.

Mine obviously are cooling too quick because I am not getting the feathering look. The pictures I have seen of everyone's are gorgeous. Mine are just BLAH lol.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Jami,

Since I was only doing 1 candle, I put the jar in another empty presto pot on warm till I got the wax ready and then poured it . I then took the jar out of the presto and let it cool.. Are you heating your jars?.. I dont know to much about it, but this has worked for me!

I usually dont heat my jars either, but it was the only thing I could think of that could be her problem with it. I wanted to do it like they suggested since I only had 2 lbs..The hard thing is that everyones climate is different and may have an effect on the out come, so ya gotta work till ya get what works for you. Now I never heat me soy wax jars:wink2:

Heating the jars made all the difference in the world to my candles. I guess even though my jars were sitting at room temps, it was too cool for the hot wax. I noticed that when I was pouring the candles it was "coating" the sides of the jar where it was cooler and that prevented the pattern from coming through.

I set my oven on 170, put the jars in, and turned the oven off. As I poured each candle, I just grabbed a warm jar and it worked like a charm.

I don't heat my jars for soy because I pour at almost half the temp so the wax adheres without a problem.

Thanks for all the helpful info. I am now on my way to becoming a palm addict lol