CandleScience Glass Glow thread #2

Marisa

Lisa was kind enough to drop some Glass glow from CS off yesterday. I poured it this afternoon,. It really is so very pretty looking when it sets up!!!

This one is just for me, also I was surprised at how easy this is to use. Ill be getting me some more of this to play with, even if its just for me!!LOL

(Thanks Lisa, Ill be even more broke:grin2:)

post-557-139458424404_thumb.jpg

Looks great.

So is palm wax like soy, in that you need to use soy FO to get a good throw?

No. That is the beauty of it. Most FO's will throw in this wax. I am test burning Backwoods pink pepperberry (6%) in a 9 oz hex jar that I made yesterday and it already has an awesome throw! When I put this FO in soy it takes 1-2 weeks cure time before I get results even close to this!

This candle looks very prettttty! Please excuse my ignorance, can you tell me is this palm wax with an additive, palm wax by it self or regular wax with an additive? Thank you,

Zonia

Isn't it beautiful! I am jealous!

This is Glass Glow Palm container wax from Candlescience. No additives just Dye and FO.

I am liking this more and more. I made it yesterday and burned it today and it has went all over my house and mingling with other candles in other rooms..lol. My house is not real big, but is set up that the rooms are not real close to each other, so the throw is fantastic.

.. The other thing, is using the same diameter jar,as I do my soy, i had to wick down and I used 1oz pp..

I am liking this more and more. I made it yesterday and burned it today and it has went all over my house and mingling with other candles in other rooms..lol. My house is not real big, but is set up that the rooms are not real close to each other, so the throw is fantastic.

.. The other thing, is using the same diameter jar,as I do my soy, i had to wick down and I used 1oz pp..

Great, glad to know you can get a better hot throw in a smaller container and with less FO than soy, and without the cure time.

Thanks Steph, its been while since I tried something new, so Ive been quite..lol

Also Candleman.. That was my first testing and with that particular FO, which evidently is a great thrower..lol So I'm hoping to get the same results when I test my other regular scents, that I already know how the do.

Kristi - Your asking about wicking the apoth jar. Just made this wax in 10oz apoth jar but I decided to double wick with 2 of the csh or whatever the wick is that candlescience has for this wax. Afraid to try just 1. Will post how it burns. I did single wick a 10oz tumbler though with a 14.