Vent about bad soap week.

Crystala25

Okay can someone please take these soap fairies off my hands for a while, I think this has been my worst soaping week ever. (possibly month) First my mold breaks, then I have bad oils and have to start all over (as per previous post), then on top of everything I misread my recipe and didn't even notice till this morning. My mom wanted a basic soap nothing special, so I was using a few oils no additives (she's picky like that), coconut oil, palm oil, apricot kernel oil, and olive oil. Well for some reason my brain was turned off and I added olive oil, palm oil, castor oil, and apricot kernel oil.

For one, I read my bottle wrong and added that castor instead of my coconut. And two when I was measuring the palm oil I read the amount for the olive oil and ended up adding 4 oz. too much of the palm oil. So now my bar will probably be too soft and have no cleansing. :undecided At least they're pretty bars, I think I might need to rebatch, any opinions.

Just needed to vent to those who understand soap probelms.

Ouch - that last batch sounds like a mess. It migth be complicated to rebatch since you will have to figure out how much lye you were SUPPOSED to use for that combo of oil and then either add more lye (if you didn't use enough) or more oils if you used too much.

And I've done that with the castor - but I think I just tossed it (cause I'm LAZY)

I think I am going to take a few days off, well at least until my new supplies get here this week;). I think I will just work on some other products until then. I try my hardest to take a break from this soaping, but then I always realize that soaping is my stress reliever.