Need some feedback on my label, please

becky0404

Could you all please give me some feedback (good and bad;) ) about my new labels? I just started testing this new wax, but I KNOW that I am going to switch and now I just need to test a bunch of fragrances. I was using soy. I know it's kind of early to be designing labels for candles that I haven't even perfected yet, but it helps me nail-down my "look", KWIM?

I am using a palm/veggie wax blend, color them, and I'm using a clean-looking/straight sided jar with aluminum covers. A clean/modern look is the look I'm going for. These will be printed on clear labels, not white. What do you think? Too plain? (BTW...the website listed is not really a website...yet.;) )

Thanks in advance for your help!

labels.jpg

You kind jumped all over the place font wise, which to me, made it a little distracting. I think it's an awesome start, but maybe match a few of the fonts instead of having so many. The "true scents natural palm wax" under the company name also came off as a little hard to read. If it's difficult to read on a computer screen, it will probably be that much harder to read on a printed label. At least from my experience, this tends to be true. And since you said you'll be printing on clear labels, and these are going on container candles, you may have some issues being able to clearly read/see everything with a clear label. It definitely can be done, but it usually needs to be bold, nothing light, nothing to detailed, for it to be effective. I know all too well, as I print on clear labels as well. Mine aren't going on candles, but I often struggle when labeling soap.

I can definitely see this (minus the scent part) as a round label on your lids. I think that would look awesome. And with the aluminum as your background, you shouldn't have any problems with everything showing up clearly!

I like the font of your name--that fits the title.

The subtitle of true scent/natural palm wax could be done in the arial font (like your web address).

I think the scent name could be done in the font you used for the true/scent natural palm wax, but not bolded, and maybe not in the "box."

For your web address, try arial narrow.

Your logo of the palm tree--is that something you have drawn, I think a "cleaner" version of a palm would look awesome.

You have great vision, I can see what you are trying to accomplish. Nice job.

Thank you SOOO much. I have no idea what I'm doing, so your help is great!!

I changed the fonts around a bit, you are very right how I used too many different ones. However, I was thinking of using different fonts for different scents to kind of "match" the scent. See below how Lilly of the Valley is different than the blueberry muffins one. Is this a bad idea? Too confusing?

Also, I'm not sure if you can see it on your computers (you can't on mine) but when I print them out, there is a small white circle behind the palm tree. I don't want that there. It looks great when I have it on my computer, but when I print it I see the white circle and I don't like it.

Do the fonts look better in this one?Even though on here it looks hard to read "True scents natural palm wax" it really does print out well and clear.

lillyofthevalley.jpg

I'm thinking I don't like the colored box with the scent now:undecided . Any other ideas?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it! :highfive:

I like the first better than the 2nd. If you want to use the different fonts for different scents then how about matching the tag line with the font used on the web addy. The 2nd logo the fonts were too busy. I think your logo should have a unique font and all the other descriptives should have something different.

Dat

The last one you posted is good, but I still think the tag line and web addy should be in a boring font like Arial Narrow. It will put more focus on the logo and let the scent stand out. Right now all the fonts are competing.

I do like the box around the scent, the last color was a bit bright, but if it is on a candle that color (or close) it will not jump out as much.

Dat

The last one you posted is good, but I still think the tag line and web addy should be in a boring font like Arial Narrow. It will put more focus on the logo and let the scent stand out. Right now all the fonts are competing.

I do like the box around the scent, the last color was a bit bright, but if it is on a candle that color (or close) it will not jump out as much.

Dat

I agree.

appleorchard-1.jpg

I really like the palm tree and the font used for TruNature

You could try to change true scent natural palm wax font to Helvetica or Arial or

make the line around your scent box much thinner. If you're going with clear labels, and your coloring your candles according to the scent, you might consider not using color in the scent name box. You could change the font of the scent to the same font you used for Trunature or stick with Helvetica or Arial. You could also use that font for your web address OR use the same font for Trunature~True scents natural palm wax and just use arial or helvetica for the fragrance name and .com.... HTH...just jabbering off some thoughts.

To Be honest with you ... That box with the scent name, Takes away from the label. I would look for a different type of box or drop the colors....Your lable is very Pritty and when you add that in It is just ruining it...sorry just my 2 scents!

Your logo is crisp and clean, and the web addy below looks very nice too. The big red box looks like it doesn't belong and it clutters up your label. Perhaps you can put the scent name in a nice font in the color green, like the palm tree? Or leave it black and use a fancier font only for the scent? I'm not sure but I am another one hatin' on your red box!! :wink2: Sorry!

You're getting a lot of awesome feedback, which is wonderful!

I know with my labels, I typically have my company name and the scent name in the same, but fancier font. Then the rest of it is something very simple...usually Times New Roman. By doing this, the eye is naturally drawn to these two things, which, IMHO, are the most important things on your label (company name and scent name).

It's just a thought. I, too, am working on some label redesigning, and I'm fed up with it as well. Since I print on clear, any graphics need to be dark enough to show up, and it's starting to drive me nuts.

I really like the last (apple) label best so far. Cool palm tree! Perhaps you could use a colored font instead of a colored box for the scent. Also I agree with using an easy to read, boring font for your website so it is very easy to read and use. Nice work!

Julie

Everyone is SO helpful, thank you:highfive: . I have got some great feedback from all of you!

I changed the fonts like you all suggested to be more "plain" other than the company name and the scent. I printed out a label last night and took a family "poll" as to where the label looked best and it was a unanimous decision that it was best-looking on top of the aluminum lid and not on the side of the candle. It's palm anyway I guess, so the candle is "pretty" enough, lol. And actually, the colored box did look really good since it was on the lid with the aluminum color in the background. With the box with the scent name in it, it kind of tied the label into the candle since the box was a very similar color to the candle itself. It definitely looked better actually ON the candle lid then here on the computer screen. However....then I came on here this morning and read the replies and I tried what someone suggested and just colored the font of the scent instead of the box behind it and now I don't know what I like better:undecided . Either way, I really think I want to have the scent colored in some way, because it ties the two together especially since I'll be putting my labels on the lid. So, once again, which do you prefer?

This:

new.jpg

or this:

new1.jpg