Can I use Candle oil to scent Rose Hips?

Winterwillow

My friend gave me about 2 pounds of rose hips. I would like to scent these but not sure what type of oil to use. I went to NG to order oil and the shipping is high, so I called Lone Star ( which is close to me) and they told me not to use candle oil because of the flash points.

How much oil do I need to scent 2 lbs.

Can anyone tell me how you do htese?

Thanks,

I think that is odd. What does flash point have to do with rosehips??? Granted I'm a new-b. I use my FO in my rose hips with wonderful results!

I use a cello bag. Pour the rosehips in then add enough oil to lightly coat the rosehips. I let them set over night then package them.

If I'm wrong someone let me know. I've never seen oil geared just to rosehips.

What else do they expect you to use? FO or EO are the only two things I can think of that can be used for potpourri. I would start with 1 tsp. per lb. and add more if needed until everything is lightly coated. I let mine sit in huge mason jars or large glass cracker jars until ready to package.

FO's are what most people use ... I've never heard of using anything else. I use about 1 tsp. for pound. I put the rosehips in a glass crock, add the oil, stir well and let cure for a few days. Depending on the scent ... I then add more fo, stir well and cure for a few more days.

Would this work the same with dried hisbiscus flowers intended for sachet filler or maybe even dry in a bowl type potpourri? Are they oily after you cure them, or do they soak it up and are more dry to the touch? I just need to know how it's supposed to be, lol. Thanks!!!

Sorry to sound dumb, why are you scenting rose hips? Those are the berry things left over after the rose blooms, right? Do people buy scented rose hips?

We have thousands of wild rose bushes in our area, it would be so easy to pick bucket fulls within a very short time. I had been thinking of drying rose buds and petals last year, but here, next to the ocean, they all went funny. This year I'm buying a dehydrator.