Masque on... masque off!

Jadryga

I tried out a simple masque with french pink clay, cocoa powder, tapioca starch and rice bran oil. Was thinking of making little packets that contain 1-2 uses for Mother's Day to go with my soaps and maybe a body scrub.

I'm seriously considering adding "CAUTION: May frighten little children" to the label though...

This is... just after I'd slathered the stuff on. I smelled like hot chocolate, yum. (On a side note, pink clay and oatmeal in water smells terrible. That was my first try.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=11135&stc=1&d=1176879059

This is while I was trying to remove it. It was tough. I ended up a dark pinky color, like I went psycho with my blusher, though it's not really noticeable in the picture, so I raised my arm for a skin comparison. At that point I realized that I might need something tougher than plain water so I lathered up my shea butter soap.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11134&stc=1&d=1176879059

Tada! After removing everything.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11137&stc=1&d=1176879745

My skin's softer, but I'm thinking of using a lighter oil like jojoba so it won't be so tough for me to remove :tongue2:

Suggestions are welcome!

post-7480-139458424387_thumb.jpg

post-7480-139458424391_thumb.jpg

post-7480-139458424394_thumb.jpg

Jadryga,

Great mask! I just looked over your website, very nice. I've gotta ask now that I know you use it...could you tell me where you get your Kojic Acid? Do you use the powder or that other type (kojic del...something or other). Thanks!

Christina

Looks great!

I have to chuckle a bit though because when my teen son, grandson and all of their friends would come over to hang out they would eat every thing in sight ( much to my 14 yr old daughters dismay )

She made a big bowl of chocolate pudding and put it in the fridge with this note taped to the top.

" DO NOT EAT THIS IT IS FACE MASK !!!!!"

2 yrs later this is still kind of a family joke.

Thanks! :embarasse

Actually, Christina, I get my soaps from a girlfriend in the Philippines cos lye comes under the Poisons Act here so it's hard to get it :cry2: I'm helping her market them here in Malaysia. I'm doing up the rest of the other B&B - whipped shea butter, scrubs, masques, etc, though I haven't quite finished tweaking my recipes as you can see :D I'm not sure where she gets her kojic acid but there seems to be a LOT of it in the Philippines. I think it's the pure kojic acid powder though, not the dipalmitate.

Sheila, that's funny :grin2: