How the heck to limit my fragrances?

ah-soy

Help, help help...I've put together a nice collection of fragrances for my lotions and creams (fruits mostly, a couple of florals, fresh, earthy, foods etc each)...you know something from each category plus a seasonal or two.

How do I stop myself from ordering sampler sets and going...Ohhhhh I should add this and that and this and that???? I am an addict...

How many is too many, how many is not enough? LOL :D

There's an old school rap song:

I'm a Ho

You know I'm a Ho

How do you know

Cuz I told you so!

LOL

I'm such a fragrance Junkie. :D

Ok now I'll try my own rap:

I grab da bottle like I'm fiendin for crack

Sniffidy sniff

I can't send it back!

LOL :grin2:

You're in trouble. Stay off this site. It makes you lemm for more like crazeee! I'm waiting for a box from Daystar and TSW as we speak. Blue Sugar baybee! :drool:

xox

ilona

I'm waiting for a box from Daystar and TSW as we speak. Blue Sugar baybee! :drool:

xox

ilona

Me too...waiting on orders from OT and RE(they had a sale for 4- 4oz/$20 - if I hadn't ordered I'd be a disgrace to the FOHO Society)

I resisted the Daystar free shipping sale Monday morning only to come back later and find an email stating that the sale was being extended til Wednesday! I am trying so hard to ignore the pull I feel to order some more. Think I need to get off of the computer and distract myself until 1 pm. Talk about fragrance oil junkies! I am way up there on that one. lol

Valerie:cool2:

Yeah, right now I only order from 2 companies. there are so many out there and funds are limited, so I just find some that are really good and most everyone likes and am sticking with those. of course, there are some on order from one company that I will definitely be adding when they get them in stock (Backwoods).

Steph

I love FOs as much as the next person, but having other ingredients taking drastic precedence purchasing wise, I've been putting off getting anything new (or even restocking on some tried and trues). Knowing I'll need to invest in some before too long, I was hoping to ask opinions on what companies to look into.

I'm currently not making candles. Too many little boys hanging out in my kitchen. I make CP Soap, and a variety of bath and body products. I'm wanting to try out some new companies, and hoping to find some better pricing (a lot of my current oils are from Tonys ... I love the oils, but they seem to be pricier than a lot of the other companies). If they have testing results, especially for CP Soap, that's that much better. Especially accelerating and discoloring results.

I'm in Utah, so I'm also trying to avoid East Coast, but I'll consider them still if the oils are top notch, and the pricing is still good.

Thanks!

Oh...thanks everyone! I guess I'll just go with what I've got now and try to contain/maintain my madness :D Anyway, I am just about at the point where it won't be a problem...I'll too be out of money soon!!!!

Lindsay (Soapers Workshop?) I believe that Brambleberry and MMS have tested all their oils in CP...I'm not sure about their pricing but MMS is in Utah (which you probably already know) and Brambleberry is in Oregon I think.

Wow, wrong person to ask here.....you must have missed my post about nearly cutting up my CC!! :embarasse

Yeah, I realized after I hit submit that I was totally posting this in the wrong thread. Sorry! :embarasse

I just keep reading about all these great FO suppliers, such Peak and Greenleaf. They state whether of not the oils are body safe, but no CP testing results, such as acceleration or discoloration. I unfortunately don't have anything to spare on oils that end up being disastrous for my products. Heck, I barely have any to spare to actually spend on FOs at all! LOL! Business is going well, and everything is being reinvested, but we're making sure that when we reorder things, like fixed oils, we're jumping up into larger sizes to get better prices. So I'm very well stocked there, but no longer in FOs.

Anyway, I want to try some of these companies out, but without having posted results for CP, I'm very hesitant.

Good luck with that.

I had limited myself to 6. Then, I added Mango Madness, and am considering adding Love. My husband is going to kill me.

At least he dosen't roll my eyes when I make soap, I think I have 16 kinds right now and have plans on another 5-6 and we'll see what happens. :D

Help, help help...I've put together a nice collection of fragrances for my lotions and creams (fruits mostly, a couple of florals, fresh, earthy, foods etc each)...you know something from each category plus a seasonal or two.

How do I stop myself from ordering sampler sets and going...Ohhhhh I should add this and that and this and that???? I am an addict...

When you find the answer pleaseeeeeee let me know. I know exactly how you feel. :D

My problem is I just can't make the same batch of soap twice - so boring. Every batch is like a work of art for me. The color, scent, size - everything has to be new/different. What the heck do I tell customers? "Every soap is limited edition"? I think I need therapy!!

I'm a FOHO in general, but a sampler set junkie! I've been on SOS's site all morning trying to convince myself that I really only need to buy one sampler set, since I just received my first Solas order the other day! I've been sticking to OT for the last few months, but I'm feeling the need to branch out...thus the Solas order & pending SOS order.

I'm not much help am I? Just ask & answer yourself honestly: Is there really a such thing as "too many FO's? :D

Sharon