What happened to Pourette Mfg.?

Pourette has been a mystery for several months now - the two month time line has never changed in two months. Who knows if/when they will ever be back in business. They haven't exactly been communicating w/customers which they've had for years.

OH!

I can't speak to that. I found what I wanted and then counted on what the page said. In that case, can I find someone on this board to make me a mold or two out of a wood form? With no rights to sell it to others.

Kelly

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

There are already some who are suppling the color chips that they had, right down to the same shape and color, we have not seen the plastic molds hit the market yet, but they will. but the stands and clamps have, the metal molds have been around for a while by the largest metal mold manuf. in the nation.

It is most intresting to see who are picking up the mission to supply folks both out west as well in the east, to fill the void left by them.:D

In most cases what you are seeing is what is left from/supplied by Pourette. Eventually the well will go dry if some companies don't pick up the slack.

Metal molds, as you say won't go away. Most come from Redding, CA.

I'm afraid that I don't have time to read through 11 pages, but doesn't Pourette say they're moving and will be back in business in 2 months? It's on their page. They have a mold I REALLY want that doesn't seem to be offered by anyone else.

If it wasn't for my husband in surgery for his knee at this moment, I'd be happy to read through the entire 11 pages. Probably I've pointed out something someone already said.

Kelly

This thread started in April, and they said then that they would re-open in 60 days. I just looked, and their website still says 60 days, and it's almost 2 months later. If there was any truth to their re-opening, I think they would have updated their website. I'm pretty sure they're gone for good.

This thread started in April, and they said then that they would re-open in 60 days. I just looked, and their website still says 60 days, and it's almost 2 months later. If there was any truth to their re-opening, I think they would have updated their website. I'm pretty sure they're gone for good.

It seems that no news is no news and we are all left wickless, with the hole that left by the lack of info from them. We understand that all his stuff is in a barn in storage with no movement, so we have had to find others suppliers out west which we have done all, except for the plastic molds, but we are working on that.

We find that this has left a whole bunch of folks having to find others suppliers.

• 1 month later...

Yeah no kidding.

Was just in PA at C&S and they told me that there was some kind of family disagreement and that their (pourette) doors are closed for good. IDK how true it may be, but that's the latest I've heard.

I would say they are done. There is nothing, except for the plastic two-piece molds that they had that couldn't be gotten elsewhere.

Sad really, they could have been huge. When the economy turns to crap (as it is, and will get worse) -- candle making gets more and more popular -- it is just the cyclical nature of our business (or hobby)...

Oh well...

I would say they are done. There is nothing, except for the plastic two-piece molds that they had that couldn't be gotten elsewhere.

Sad really, they could have been huge. When the economy turns to crap (as it is, and will get worse) -- candle making gets more and more popular -- it is just the cyclical nature of our business (or hobby)...

Oh well...

Double "Oh Well"

Along those same lines...

Where can I purchase candle finishing products like theirs?

Like the rub on luster wax or metalic rub on wax

Description:

Get creative and decorate your candles. This rub on paint is simple to use and helps give dimension and depth to your candle creations. Colors include walnut, sky blue, rosewood, silver blue, iris, cameo pink, golden white.

15634.jpg?qlt=50&cell=220&cvt=jpeg

And the candle dipping glaze

Description:

The very highest quality available! This glaze dries hard, fast, smudge-proof and clear without bubbles! Helps keep candles fingerprint and dust free! Makes candles damage resistent and provides a polished quality surface look

15675.jpg?qlt=50&cell=220&cvt=jpeg

Description:

Get creative and decorate your candles. This rub on paint is simple to use and helps give dimension and depth to your candle creations. Colors include walnut, sky blue, rosewood, silver blue, iris, cameo pink, golden white.

Description:

The very highest quality available! This glaze dries hard, fast, smudge-proof and clear without bubbles! Helps keep candles fingerprint and dust free! Makes candles damage resistent and provides a polished quality surface look

We found out by accident that the dipping glaze was from Barkers Candle Supply and Pourette bought their stuff when BCS went under and one of BCS workers sent us some just before the deal went through and told us if we needed more just use Johnson's Mop and Glow with a little Denatured alcohol to help wih the drying and guess what it works just as good as the stuff from PCS and it's cheaper:grin2:

Description:

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but I've heard of people highlighting candles with acrylic paint. Just a bit on a soft cloth, wipe off the excess, and you're done. I don't think the tiny bit of paint would affect the burn of the candle.

• 2 weeks later...

I subscribed to their "reopening newsletter" and so far nothing has come to say they have reopened. Think maybe they're gone for good...although the website is still up...could just be letting it stay until the contract is up.

Description:

Description:

You can find Rub and Buff anywhere and in all the colors.

The other, search the old board, because there was a topic on finishing candles and I think a recipe for the overdip. I'm pretty sure it's over there.

• 13 years later...
On 4/16/2007 at 1:22 PM, Candle Man said:

I just tried to call them and all their numbers are disconnected. They must be out of business. They should either note it on their web site or take the web site down.

What am I to do now for the bulk priced color chips?

All the other candle suppliers bought from Pourette for the color chips and their prices are way to high.

Make your own chips, I do. Just take a large cookie sheet, melt wax, scent and dye it, let it cool enough to take a knife and cut into chips or strips or what ever you wish to make. Hope this helps.