What happened to Pourette Mfg.?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are made with different formulas so my educated guess would be NO. The Reddig chips have stearic - the block don't necessarily. The blocks from JE Polish do not. As with everything else, you are going to have to test.

Square One? Yeah, I am baaaaack.

I hope who ever buys the company re-opens soon then..So we dont have to wait very long.

I dont want to have to re-test everything either. But I guess my thought about going to liquid dyes is a good one...lol...

My son Backwoods (Mike) has used liquids forever and he swears by them, wouldn't use anything else. So easy to measure by drops.

Glo

My son Backwoods (Mike) has used liquids forever and he swears by them, wouldn't use anything else. So easy to measure by drops.

Glo

I do use liquid for light pastel colors. I don't like having to use 100 or more drops for dark colors. That's just to much dye and can clog the wick.

My wax is more opaque (white) so that's why it requires more liquid color to get dark colors.

Well, I thought I would ask Arnie from candlechem if he knew what was up with pourette.

This is his reply to me.

We do carry the Reddig Glo color chips from Pourette...Not sure if they are out of business or not...Phone number is disconnected...I have an outstanding order pending from 2 months ago and never received...Not sure what is going on with them. Thanks

I think this stinks.

By not letting their customers know what is up sure shows what they thought of all their customers huh?

I am sad to see Pourette end in such a way. They were one of my first suppliers and always served me well. Although I haven't ordered in almost a year, I was about to do so. I will miss Pourette for several items. I hope if their core gets bought up by another supplier that we will all hear of it.

Janette

The story gets stranger... I had seen the charge for my order on my online banking statement (automatic when one orders), but last night when I checked, it had disappeared and isn't there today!:shocked2: I am not sure if this was an error, a correction by Pourette or a hallucination! :shocked2: I guess I should say, "whew," but it makes me uncomfortable not to know... :undecided So I just tried to call both numbers listed on their website and both have been disconnected... Not much new information, but I think we definitely will have to put them at the bottom of the supplier list... I too wish they would take down their website or AT LEAST, put SOME kind of message up so that people will know WTF is goin' on! :undecided

I am like Jeanette, I feel bad that this happened to pourette and I do hope it does get worked out whatever the problem. I bought most of all my candle molds from them and they had great prices. Even on the special made ones the price was good,,if they are gone I shall miss them*faint*

Breanna.....I too have bought hundreds and hundreds of molds from them....and the prices were good....but last time I ordered molds, which I haven't received, the rude girl on the phone told me that there would be no more discounts. So if they do get it together and continue their business.....I don't think that we will get that 40% discount for wholesale orders anyway. I guess I am just speculating.....but I really am going to miss them.

Donita Louise

I do use liquid for light pastel colors. I don't like having to use 100 or more drops for dark colors. That's just to much dye and can clog the wick.

My wax is more opaque (white) so that's why it requires more liquid color to get dark colors.

Oh glad you clarified that it is your opaque wax cause I know Mike has never had to use that much liquid dye for dark colors. He uses a soy blend and most of his candles are fairly dark colors and we have no wick clogging problems with liquids.

Glo