What happened to Pourette Mfg.?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All other candle suppliers for the color chips are just way to high priced.

Pourette was the manufacture of them...

1LB of color chips approx. 520 chips $20.00 - .04each

1/2Lb of color chips approx. 260 chips $15.00 - .06each

1/4LB of color chips approx. 130 chips $8.25 - .06each

Candlechem 1/4LB of color chips $9.98 is the largest package I have found.

I know the color chips are just powdered dye in Stearic Acid but of course I don't know their formula.

So I guess when the other suppliers run out there will be no more

I don't know. Someone said the website was gone, but the website is still there. That's all I meant. It's a pity if they've closed, they've been around forever, haven't they?

UBI Number n178091521

Category Regular Corporation

Profit/Nonprofit Profit

Active/Inactive Active

State of Incorporation WA

Date of Incorporation 09/13/1956

License Expiration Date 09/30/2007

Maybe they are comming back I see the Corporation license is now active

UBI Number

Category
Regular Corporation

Profit/Nonprofit
Profit

Active/Inactive
Active

State of Incorporation
WA

Date of Incorporation
09/13/1956

License Expiration Date
09/30/2007

I placed an order with them on the 3rd of April and after not receiving my package or hearing anything from them I sent a few emails that have yet to be answered.

I just checked my paypal acct and the money has not been taken out...so darn. Now I have to find my stuff elsewhere.

There's a tax judgement imposed by the state last month in court records. Maybe they got their sales license suspended? <that is the only figure recorded below - I didn't leave any digits off>

07-9-08572-1 WASHINGTON STATE OF REVENUE VS 07-2-08685-4 SEA TAX 03/14/2007

POURETTE MANUFACTURING CO INC-$6,52

I have two copies of "The Candle Cauldron" which dates back to 1966. It is so much fun to read instructions from people back then. Some of the ideas are great but we have come such a long way. I have been doing business with them since about 1993 when I was making soap. Without them I probably wouldn't have had a candle business. I hope they get things straightened out because I don't like to see any business fail. I also like being able to have special molds made. Donita Louise

All other candle suppliers for the color chips are just way to high priced.

Pourette was the manufacture of them...

1LB of color chips approx. 520 chips $20.00 - .04each

1/2Lb of color chips approx. 260 chips $15.00 - .06each

1/4LB of color chips approx. 130 chips $8.25 - .06each

Candlechem 1/4LB of color chips $9.98 is the largest package I have found.

I know the color chips are just powdered dye in Stearic Acid but of course I don't know their formula.

So I guess when the other suppliers run out there will be no more

Not so sure about that CM.. I just got a price list from that north valley candle mold place and they have a pound of dye chips for 18.00....

Bruce

Not so sure about that CM.. I just got a price list from that north valley candle mold place and they have a pound of dye chips for 18.00....

Bruce

Great, glad to know there is larger quanity out there.

I hope Pourette gets back in business, because as far as I know they are the manufacture of the color chips, so that would mean the candle suppliers will be running out. I don't want to re-formulate all my colors with some other form of color.

Maybe they are comming back I see the Corporation license is now active

License Expiration Date
09/30/2007

My guess is they had to renew their license for the period 9/30/06 to 9/30/07, so that operationally they would be compliant from 9/30/06 until the date in 2007 which they closed. If they have been in business for so many decades, maybe they are retiring?

My little book from 1969 is written by Walter Reddig and Mabel Atkins. Printed in the US by Pourette Mfg.

The new owner is Mike. ????...(I think)....I left my old catalogs in Virginia..... I will keep looking...I see that many suppliers carry Pourette molds, color chips, etc. I don't think that they would retire and not sell the business. It is a very large company now. If you want molds....get them now just in case. I see already that some companies show that they are back ordered and the molds look like Pourette molds to me. Peak has a good supply of molds. I just ordered some. Donita Louise

I don't want to order even 50 lbs of dye chips only to run out and have to retest. Where am I going to purchase chips? Everyone sells the Pourette chips. The site listed above is a great reference for the blocks but I will, again, have to start the testing process allll over. I want to scream. It won't do any good.

For a long standing professional company to just cease doing business with no notice or reply seems unprofessional and bizarre to me. This is something "fly by night" companies do; certainly not a company like I considered Pourette to be. Very odd.

Only one possible explanation...

Drug bust.

;)