What happened to Pourette Mfg.?

Hi everyone, New to the board...just wondering if anyone can help me out? Placed an order with Pourette (well known candlemaking supplier) ..and have not receive a package or a tracking number ..tried calling(first few days was busy, then not working number at all). My hubby faxed them and said it did'nt work either.. Does anyone know what going on?TIA:o

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some others have been having problems with them too. Hope it gets cleared up. I haven't ordered from them in several months and looks like it will be several more till I order from them again.

Wonder if contacting the web master would help? Tell them that you think the contact page/info. is wrong cause you can't get a hold of them or that the auto email isn't working cause you didn't get a confirmation email. Worth a try if the other contact info. isn't working...????

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48825&highlight=pourette

I just tried to call them and all their numbers are disconnected. They must be out of business. They should either note it on their web site or take the web site down.

What am I to do now for the bulk priced color chips?

All the other candle suppliers bought from Pourette for the color chips and their prices are way to high.

I just tried to call them and all their numbers are disconnected. They must be out of business. They should either note it on their web site or take the web site down.

What am I to do now for the bulk priced color chips?

All the other candle suppliers bought from Pourette for the color chips and their prices are way to high.

You can get chips from Arnie at www.candlechem.com

He is also a seller on Ebay- CANDLECHEM.

Fast shipper and superior service and products. I've bought from him for years and he is a fantastic supplier.

Hi Guys...Talked to webmaster and he said as far as he know they are still in bussiness and that is the contact numbers he has. My hubby fax again it said to check number, the other time he did it did'nt work..what to do , what to do?:cheesy2:

I don't know. I guess if it we me, all the numbers don't work and there's been no response to emails sent, I would send an email canceling the order and stating the reasons.

Then I would check with the method of payment and see if the bill was paid. If it was proceed with a reversal. That will either get their attention and/or get your money back. Since many people seem to be having the same problem there's got to be something up.

Other then that you could just wait it out if it wasn't a lot of money and see but then the time keeps ticking on being able to get your money back.:undecided

Good luck.

You can get chips from Arnie at www.candlechem.com

He is also a seller on Ebay- CANDLECHEM.

Fast shipper and superior service and products. I've bought from him for years and he is a fantastic supplier.

I just checked his chips and they're the reddi-glo brand. That means he was getting them from pourette as they're the manufacturer of those chips. Sigh...

I have contacted my Mother who lives close to Seattle.

I gave her the addy. When she gets there, She'll call me and let me know if it's open and what not and find out the scoop...if it's open and doing business, She'll call and I'll post and have her do some shopping...lol

so watch you all! hahaha...

Dani

Maybe a criscross phone book would tell who has the shop/address next to them. Get their number and call them, I have done this before but called the Cincinnati Library to get numbers. Now with the internet I'm sure there is a way to get the info online. I have free/one price long distance if someone finds numbers they want me to call. I'm not as good searching for things as others.

They shipped a partial order to my on the 13th of March.....but no molds. In the past 13 years every time they ship an order a statement comes in the mail prior to the delivery. I have yet to receive a statement for the partial order. Something is definitely up. Donita Louise

This really sucks because there are several candles that I use only the chip colors for, no one else has a color that is comparable. :( I hope this is temporary. I have enough to last me a while..but not forever! I haven't had problems in the past but not ordered recently.

A search on the Secretary of State for Washington shows they let their license lapse:

Corporations Division - Registration Data Search

POURETTE MANUFACTURING COMPANY, INC.

UBI Number178091521

CategoryRegular Corporation

Profit/NonprofitProfit

Active/InactiveInactive

State of IncorporationWA

Date of Incorporation09/13/1956

License Expiration Date09/30/2006

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/corps/search_detail.aspx?ubi=178091521

Website is gone also :(