Gel Newbie :-)

AnjieBurdett

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did u use a heat gun on top it looks like you did mine did the same thing. i have been making gel candles for over two years i made one last week with two much glitter and now you cant really see the angel in side. We make mistakes thats the way we learn. Nice candle

Anjie, for your first time it looks pretty good. I use the straw stirrers that you get at a store that sells hot coffee or a bar to stir your drink. Don't use a regular drinking straw, the opening it too big. I slide it over the wick before I pour the gel and wait a few minutes for the gel to cool befor I slowly pull it off. Rember that the gel is cooler on the outside glass then inside so wait 5 minutes or so depending on your pour temp. After doing a few you'll get to know when to pull the straw off.

FYI-Not sure if this is available in your area, but if you intend to make gel candles get the high melt point wax or NST on your wick. I still use the straw method as a precaution.

hth,

Chris

I don't know anything about gel but I think it looks good.. I wanna know what the hell Gob Smacked means? :D Is it like flabbergasted? I like it, I'm gonna use it once you tell me what it means..lol:laugh2:

Sharon

Ok, i'm getting sick of typing this message!! This is the 3rd time!! My laptop keeps messing about when I hit submit grrrrrrr

ROFPMSL! Yvette..what the hell did you just say? :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: You're a top bird! Pukka!

OMG I got my tiny glass fishies this morning from the states and they are soooooo cute! Goldfish, siamese fighting fish, sharks and STUFF! So I will be neglecting my hubby tonight (leaving him in peace to play his xbox LOL) and pouring me some gels. :D I'll take pics!

Where can I get tiny glass snails? Damn, I lurve snails :grin2:

Anjie,x.

It can be real fun talking to people from different parts of the world. I used to work for a German company here in NJ. The single male tech came to me one day and asked for a rubber. I cracked up and said that he better watch who he asked for a rubber because he would either get slapped or be in a situation he may/may not want to be in as I handed him an eraser. I explained what people here would think he meant and he turned all shades of red and explained that they called willies's over there. A few months later I had to fly to Germany for a meeting and was out shopping with one of the ladies from the office. As we stood in line to pay I passed the time glancing over the shelves like I do here. On the shelf were boxes of Willies. Cracked me right up! She asked me why I was laughing and I told her the story. She lived in the US for several years many years ago and had a good laugh with me.

I've poured some gels with glass fish embeds and even if i say so myself they look great :D BUT... the goldfish i used are a lovely deep bright orangey yellow until its in Gel and now it looks ummm invisible LOL!

Is there something I can do to make these stand out more?

Anjie,x.