Presto Pot....with or without a spout?

Thank you for all the responses....

I think I'm gonna try it first without the spout, and then added later if I find it becomes a pain in the rear.

I guess I'm concerned about not getting the fitting in just right....then I would just have a nice pan with a hole in it. :embarasse

I have three presto (and 2 turkey fryers with spouts) and two of my prestos have spouts. I rarely use the third because I always make such a huge mess when transfering wax out of it and into the pour pot. But that's just me.

Thank you for all the responses....

I think I'm gonna try it first without the spout, and then added later if I find it becomes a pain in the rear.

I guess I'm concerned about not getting the fitting in just right....then I would just have a nice pan with a hole in it. :embarasse

My hubby did that on both my Presto's. There some real good filler stuff, that will help if you bork the fitting. It's a caulk type thing, but it's heat resistant and has no color or odor to taint the wax.

I bought one, intending to have DH install a spigot, but wanted to use it immediately so never got the installation done. Now I've decided I prefer it that way--I've read stories of chandlers who accidentally had their spigot open when melting the wax and I just know I'd be one of them!!!

I use a glass measuring cup to transfer wax from the Presto to my pouring pot (I hold my pouring pot right at the edge of the Presto instead of transferring the dripping cup over the table, then put the pouring pot on the scale)--after several years of doing this, I can get very close to the desired amount of wax almost every time.

By the way, sometimes I'm "search impaired," too--figuring out the right combination of words can sometimes be difficult.

HTH,

Jane