Presto Pot....with or without a spout?

Okay, so I finally gave in and bought a presto pot...hubby keeps giving me the eye every time I come in with new stuff....maybe he'll think this purchase is actually for cooking food. :laugh2:

Is the spout REALLY necessary, or do some of you prefer it without? For those of you who don't have a spout, what is the best method for getting out the wax?

Also, can I just melt a whole bunch of the same wax, only use what I need at the time, let the other dry, and then heat it back up when I need it?

Okay, so I finally gave in and bought a presto pot...hubby keeps giving me the eye every time I come in with new stuff....maybe he'll think this purchase is actually for cooking food. :laugh2:

Is the spout REALLY necessary, or do some of you prefer it without? For those of you who don't have a spout, what is the best method for getting out the wax?

Also, can I just melt a whole bunch of the same wax, only use what I need at the time, let the other dry, and then heat it back up when I need it?

Hey there - these questions have been asked and answered many times on this forum - if you do a search up at the top and type in presto, you will get a TON of info! hth :)

I have 3...all with a spout, but I never use it lol. I just use a metal ladle to put my melted wax in the pour pots.

Also, you can melt a bunch of the same wax. I fill the presto bot with wax, then measure out what I need into the pour pots, then add Fo and color in the pour pot. That way I always have wax in the presto and onlly takes a few minutes to melt :) HTH

Hey there - these questions have been asked and answered many times on this forum - if you do a search up at the top and type in presto, you will get a TON of info! hth :)

I did do a search before posting my question. Yes, there are many posts with people talking about using them, but I couldn't find one that answered my specific question. If you just type in presto in the search field, there are heaps of posts....perhaps a suggestion on what exactly to type in the search field to help narrow it down???

I have 5 presto pots; all without spouts. When I purchased them I intended to add spouts, but I never did. Now, I have decided I like them just the way they are. I use 5 different kinds of wax, I have marked the handle of each one of them with the type of wax they contain. When I make a batch I just pick the pot I need, heat and use a metal laddle to transfer wax to the pouring pot. I have the pouring pot already on the scale and zero'd out so that I transfer the correct amount. When I have the correct amount I remove from the scale and add additives, color and FO. This method works great for me.

Also, I agree with you, sometimes when you can't get just the right wording in search, it is easier just to ask. After all that is what this board is for right.

Tammy

I have a spout on both of mine, I followed the directions that were given on here, very simple and easy. I fill it full of wax and the pour into the pouring what I need and add FO. When I am done and it is cooled I store the remaining wax with the presto lid on.

I have 3 prestos without spouts... I figured it was just one more thing sticking out onto my work bench getting into my way. <I am a clutz and dont need added things in my way> My fryer doesnt have the spout either. I just use a soup ladle to scoop out what I need.:cheesy2:

I used it both ways and there's plus and minus to each way.

Without, I have my pot on a scale already and can ladle out exactly what I need, however, I'm rather messy there are drips everywhere, or else I'd have to stand right over the pot which sits too high for me to really get up over it and then go around the side and weigh it.

With, I don't have the messy drip drip drips all over the place, but I have to fill to what I think is 'about' right and end up having to either go back and put more in or dump some out and reweigh, but it's MUCH easier to keep a clean area.

I have one with and one without. Alot depends on your work area configuration. If your work area does not allow you to put your presto on the edge of a table/counter top having a spout won't matter--you won't be able to use it. Since I reconfigured my work area, I've had to resort to using a heat resistant ladle and it doesn't slow down my production. I melt wax in the presto, spoon out what I need, weigh it, mix color & scent in the pour pot and go from there. It's all very easy.