wax glue and sticky stuff in the UK?

I've just made a couple of tins with container wax, I stuck the tabbed wicks in first with a tiny layer of wax, then poured the rest in.........up they swam!

What is the stuff you can get in the uk? I've seen on tutorials it says stick your wicks down first with ......? whats the uk equivalent?

Also, Donita mentioned something called 'Sticky' stuff for basically sticking embeds to the side of moulds before an overpour, can we get this or anything like it in the UK?

I'm totally unstuck lol

thanks x

I had that problem too! I got some ummm what they called, hang on lemme go look! Thems is called 'sticki dots'. I got them from Hobbycraft and they are reallly sticky! I use them to stick the sustainer down and pour my wax cooler and they stay stuck.

I first read somewhere on here that you pour containers when the wax is really hot, then (i think it was????) Nattycat said to pour them a lot cooler. So thats what I did and I must say I have had less wet spots in the ones I poured cooler.

HTH. Anjie,x.

Hi, wick i was just thinking the same thing what you mentionis called tacky wax and i am going to try a hurricane with leaves etc stuck on the side then over diped so i will need some tacky wax for this buti dont thin its available in the uk.

But as for sticking your wick tabs, i used a small amount of glue using a glue gun- drop a small dot of glue where you want to put the wick then press the wick and tab in to it let it set before you pour the wax.

I did start off using glue dots- but they are expensive here and the glue gun works just as good.

Yep, glue gun is cool too. I got one for Mothers Day (LOL) Hubby thought I had gone mental when i asked for a hot glue gun and pair of pliers! Hot glue is fab, but I don't use it when testing incase I have to remove the wick and replace it, hot glue is harder to get off the glass!!

Anjie,x.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All, I bought some sticky wax at www.fullmoons-cauldron.co.uk They have wax buttons and a sticky wax block. The block was what i bought and it worked a treat and lasted Just melt and go;-)

I originally got some from there ages ago, found it was VERY expensive in comparison so i set out to make my own recipe and now I sell it through the site, same link as Ian just gave -http://www.candelights.co.uk/supplies/misc_supplies.html and it's currently on special offer, £1.50 for 50g, which goes a long way but you don't melt it as stated above, use it as it comes, simply scrape the wick sustainer along the block to get a small amount on it then press into the mould or tealight etc

Keith

lolol, I've just sat going through your site keith before I saw your post and put some glue on my list.

Your wax pricing are quite comparable, but the shippings killing me at the mo, so I'm trying to make up for that with other items :)

My birthday next weekend and I'm having wax and moulds lol

lolol' date=' I've just sat going through your site keith before I saw your post and put some glue on my list.

Your wax pricing are quite comparable, but the shippings killing me at the mo, so I'm trying to make up for that with other items :)

My birthday next weekend and I'm having wax and moulds lol[/quote']

I thought my shipping was one of the cheapest around, £9.40 for up to 25kgs though I think I've found another courier that's cheaper, they just don't always get the stuff there in 24 hours when that service is paid for ....

Keith

hi keith' date='

i have a list of things I want with my birthday money and its trying to get them mostly from the same place to save on shipping.

Mind you, my list keeps increasing every day lolol[/quote']

Well I have the one stop shop ! What more could you want, everything under one roof and all on the same van :) and if there's something you want that I don't have just ask .....

how about we ask for a discount for UK CT members lol well it cant hurt to try eh :tongue2:

Oooo cheeky monkey :) my prices are already lower than virtually anywhere else plus there's a promotion on for all past customers until the end of May, if you're in that group you will have had an email with a discount code. If you're not then grab a bargain anyway ! I've just dropped the wax prices, I genuinely believe they're the lowest you'll find at the moment, if you know of cheaper for the same high quality wax then let me know and I'll do my best to beat it for you, hows that for a discount!

I've got new stock going up tomorrow, 4oz and 8 oz tins, candle lighters, votive boxes, glass tumblers in 2 sizes and roly poly votive glasses, lots more top quality FO's coming very soon.

Oooo cheeky monkey :) my prices are already lower than virtually anywhere else plus there's a promotion on for all past customers until the end of May, if you're in that group you will have had an email with a discount code. If you're not then grab a bargain anyway ! I've just dropped the wax prices, I genuinely believe they're the lowest you'll find at the moment, if you know of cheaper for the same high quality wax then let me know and I'll do my best to beat it for you, hows that for a discount!

I've got new stock going up tomorrow, 4oz and 8 oz tins, candle lighters, votive boxes, glass tumblers in 2 sizes and roly poly votive glasses, lots more top quality FO's coming very soon.

I have to agree with you there, lord love a duck great price on soy :D paraffin is same price I pay too.

I won't be ordering anything from anywhere till Tuesday now, waiting on birthday money

Hi Keith,

My birthday is next month too so Yvette had a great idea asking for birthday presents of candle stuff. I will be doing the same. Pity about the Palm though but who knows what you will get in the future.

Keep us up to date with what you get in.

Cheers.

Lisa:D

ok i know im cheeky but hey a girls gotta try lol

will have mooch round site on sunday and see what new goodies you have :grin2:

Yep you're right, I forgives ya !

I'll look out for you on Sunday :)

Keith

lmao' date=' who needs jewels and furs when you can have wax :D

oh and keith, why not put your website link on your profile, I keep forgetting what it is.[/quote']

You know what, that's an excellent idea ! I'll go and do it now.

but... but.... why don't you use the bookmark in your browser ?

Hi Keith,

My birthday is next month too so Yvette had a great idea asking for birthday presents of candle stuff. I will be doing the same. Pity about the Palm though but who knows what you will get in the future.

Keep us up to date with what you get in.

Cheers.

Lisa:D

On the subject of keeping you informed as to new stuff and also on the topic of palm wax, have you tried mottling oil? that may give a similar effect to the palm wax and I've just got some in. It's not on the site yet but I'll get it up either tonight or tomorrow all being well.