Pillar blend, inspiration?

So.......... the time has come to use my pillar blend, only left it this long cos I can't think what to do with it.

I love the feel and scent throw from soy so I'm treating it like a precious baby lol. Only got 1kg.

With paraffin I've tried marbling, chunks, different shaped moulds etc. anyone got any inspiriation on what to try first?

If only I had some votive moulds.

you don't get marble or mottle from soy. in fact, soy pillars are a PITA. They crack, are hard to wick to get an even burn, and blow out quite a lot. You can make a good soy pillar with a lot of time and patience, but you might be better off with a parasoy blend first so you can see the differences.

oh eck' date=' I've already got some pillar blend. Whats parasoy, do you little add paraffin to soy yourself?[/quote']

yep. try 50/50 paraffin and soy. Then if you're happy, try 70% soy 30% paraffin. just blend till you get the result you want.

ooh didn't realise it was that easy :) thanks nat x

Can I just ask some more advise then?

If I was doing a jar, and in that jar it would contain a layer of wax then some strawberries on top, then some whipped icing, what part would you do in container soy and what part in pillar?

I was thinking container for the layer and whipped but the embeds in pillar?

ooh didn't realise it was that easy :) thanks nat

x

Can I just ask some more advise then?

If I was doing a jar' date=' and in that jar it would contain a layer of wax then some strawberries on top, then some whipped icing, what part would you do in container soy and what part in pillar?

I was thinking container for the layer and whipped but the embeds in pillar?[/quote']

yep - only the embeds in pillar, but if you use a lot of embeds you may need to wick up as the pillar has a higher melt point than the container.