soy wax crumbles

Yes Sharon, they are used in a tart warmer. I the ones I bought were in a nice 8oz country jar, homespun tied around it, little wooden scoop attached and the scent was oatmeal raisin cookie and it had little raisin embeds in it.

OMG it is so cute.

Auntie S

Do you have a photo of these? I googled it but the only ones I saw basically look like chipped chunks of wax. Maybe crumble a piece of foil sprayed w/mold release and lay it in a baking pan also sprayed with mold release - pour the wax, then chip off pieces with a knife.

Hi all, the crumbles are chunks of wax, some smaller than others. They don't look like they are made in a blender. I had found a site that told you how to do it. There wasn't too much info, just the basics. But I can't find the site now. I 've looked through all the instruction sites I have bookmarked and I can't find it. Arkangel, you have the right idea, I remember it saying something about you having to use a scrapper. I don't have a pic to post. Thanks for all the respones. If I do find the site , I'll come back and tell you. Bye for now.

Auntie S

Maybe try whipping your wax as it begins to cool or set up in your pour pot. Either with a fork or an old mixer. I have got crumbles before when making my grubby candles from this process once the wax is beyond the proper consistency for frosting/grubbying. I've not tried it with soy but my pillar wax will "crumble".

Still looking for the recipe ... but I'll tell you how I do it.

First, let your wax cool until it starts to form a film ... whip it with a fork ... spread it on a foil lined cookie sheet ... let it cool ... break apart into crumbs with your hands.

Hope this helps.

Hi all, thanks for all the responses. With all the different suggestions I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out. Candlebuddy, yours I think is the closest, I remember having to pour the wax on a cookie pan and scraping it up with a scrapper. Then when the pieces are small enough, you roll it around in the pan to take the square edges off. I just don't know what temps to pour at. I'm a newbie at this and I need detailed instructions for EVERYTHING. Thanks again for all the input. I can't believe how great this message board is.

Auntie S