When making Rustics...

I clean after every use too. I use the oven method though because I'm cleaning so many molds at one time. I can fit 12 molds on a sheet, and it's much quicker for me to wipe them out while another sheet of 12 is in the oven than to use a heat gun.

That's just me though!

I clean after every use too. I use the oven method though because I'm cleaning so many molds at one time. I can fit 12 molds on a sheet, and it's much quicker for me to wipe them out while another sheet of 12 is in the oven than to use a heat gun.

That's just me though!

Maybe if I had an oven in the basement - I'm going up and down the stairs too much as it is lol

That's just me though!

Well, yes this is true. LOL I should have qualified my answer and if I have more than say 10 or so molds, then, yes I use the oven too. If it's under that many then I will use the heat gun. Just easier for me. :)

Maybe if I had an oven in the basement - I'm going up and down the stairs too much as it is lol

I hear that! We've converted my garage into my workshop, and my dad wired a spot for me to have an oven out there. I just haven't looked for a cheap one yet, so I still bring ALL the molds into the house. At least I don't have stairs! LOL If I did, I would probably heat gun them all!!

I just turn mine upside down on the electric griddle thingie!! That thingie is a life saver. Keeps pouring pots warm etc. I always turn it on to about 225 when I start making candles and that way it is hot by time wax is ready. :yay:

I also use the heatgun method. My DH says its a waste of time, while I am heat gunning the moulds and cleaning them out I could be doing something else, like packing candles or wicking up moulds that are clean etc. He has a point I suppose, but it really does not take me that long as I don´t have that many moulds and I usually do it while waiting for my wax to melt. I guess he means well though.