Just A Few Chunk Candles

Been having some fun making chunk candles. This ball mould is great - it is from Peaks - wish I had bought more than one though.:rolleyes2 These are not scented as I have had a bad cold and if I cannot smell what I am pouring then I may as well have a break from the FO´s for a few days.:(

post-3166-13945842342_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458423423_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458423427_thumb.jpg

Those are absolutely gorgeous.:yay: I've got a ball mold I'm going to have to try and chunk it. I love the layered ones. Did you do those with different color chunks and white over pour or are the over pours colored?

Thanks for the nice comment. The chunks are coloured and then I used straight paraffin without stearic for the overpour. I just realised that the two yellow ones are not chunks, but just layered white and yellow - bit of a pain and a lot of the frosting got stuck in the mould the first couple of times. After increasing the temp a bit they got better.

Those are really lovely, the colours just work soo well. Well done you.

How come your balls don't have a seam mark around them??

Anjie,x.

Hi Anjie, thanks, I love the Spring colours, but will have to scent them next. I use a fantastic two part aluminium mould from Peaks. They are out of stock at the moment, but I want to order a few more and try some smooth candles in them. It is such a pleasure not to have to take off the seam, because I usually dig my knife or the potters tool I use, in too deep and make a right royal mess. I have found though that if I carefully remove a ball candle from a saturn mould before it is completely cool, then the seam is a bit easier to remove.:smiley2:

• 2 weeks later...