I am so Jealous

Bloody hell they are sooooooo expensive!!!!!!!

Now I remember why I've never bothered with them.

Welcome to CT Lisa, I'm in Scotland too.....a horrid little village called Letham near Arbroath/Dundee.

And yes Nat's great for supplies.

Sally.

Hi Sally,

I haven't heard of Letham but I am sure it's lovely - can't be any worse than Grangemouth!!

I am in Glasgow and what of this weather. It has been excellent!

Thanks for all the help.

Lisa

:)

Hi Sally,

I haven't heard of Letham but I am sure it's lovely - can't be any worse than Grangemouth!!

I am in Glasgow and what of this weather. It has been excellent!

Thanks for all the help.

Lisa

:)

Hi Lisa,

This village might be ok but it's the attitudes I really can't handle anymore.

I'm desperate to get me & the kids back up the road to Findhorn, up on the N.E coast near Elgin.

Spent the afternoon doing the garden with my 3 yr old,Lili.....& no jumper on!

I love days like this.

Sally.

I'm after a square metal one, about 4inch diameter and preferable 6inch tall although 4inch tall would be ok. I need to get some nag champra fo (seen it somewhere) and also looking for a plastic/as in see through round mould about 4-6inch diameter and same height to do a hurricane photo in, cant get the piccies straight if I can't see.

I have to put this I'm afraid :P or my daughter won't go to bed, bless her, shes in hysterics! now this one :(

Hi Lisa,

Im a newbie from Scotland to and agree 100% with you on the fantastic variety of scents available everywhere else it seems but SCOTLAND......... sorry nearly got me started there:-) I'm always looking at websites and thinking is it worth it, with the rate of exchange etc, but guess what i have never done it yet. Maybe one day. I also bought scents from Joe at Sensory Perfection and they were great, and there is always a wee surprise to:-)

I have also used fullmoon-cauldron for various supplies, but i have not tried there scents. As said by others " there a wee bit on the pricey side" but they are very helpful, offered good customer services and quick delivery.

Just sitting here thinking about us poor sods in scotland, Correct me if im wrong somebody please, but i dont think there is a single candle supplies company in scotland. Is there????????????????????

Any way enough of that:-) Give JOE a try at , www.sensoryperfection.co.uk, she also has an ebay store as well http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sensory-Perfection.

Good luck

Mandy

I'm after a square metal one' date=' about 4inch diameter and preferable 6inch tall although 4inch tall would be ok. I need to get some nag champra fo (seen it somewhere) and also looking for a plastic/as in see through round mould about 4-6inch diameter and same height to do a hurricane photo in, cant get the piccies straight if I can't see.

I have to put this I'm afraid :P or my daughter won't go to bed, bless her, shes in hysterics! now this one :([/quote']

Joe does Nag Champa because I got some off of her recently!! Are you a secret hippy then!! lol

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Im a newbie from Scotland to and agree 100% with you on the fantastic variety of scents available everywhere else it seems but SCOTLAND......... sorry nearly got me started there:-) I'm always looking at websites and thinking is it worth it, with the rate of exchange etc, but guess what i have never done it yet. Maybe one day. I also bought scents from Joe at Sensory Perfection and they were great, and there is always a wee surprise to:-)

I have also used fullmoon-cauldron for various supplies, but i have not tried there scents. As said by others " there a wee bit on the pricey side" but they are very helpful, offered good customer services and quick delivery.

Just sitting here thinking about us poor sods in scotland, Correct me if im wrong somebody please, but i dont think there is a single candle supplies company in scotland. Is there????????????????????

Any way enough of that:-) Give JOE a try at , www.sensoryperfection.co.uk, she also has an ebay store as well http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sensory-Perfection.

Good luck

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

I haven't found a single supplier in Scotland. I used to get my supplies from Alan at Candleicious but he has had to close because of the b*****d banks as he puts it. He was excellent - if I was stuck could always bend his ear for an hour or two.

I know it is annoying being stuck in the back of beyond when it comes to candlemaking supplies because it costs an absolute fortune to get your delivery particularly when you take into account the weight of the bags of wax we need.

Anyway enough of that before I put myself in a downer on this lovely sunny Easter Friday.

All the best.

Lisa

:mad:

ooooooh, does it smell like the real stuff?

well not a secrety hippy, but I do burn incense (for mediumistic purposes). My hairdresser is a goth and expressed her concern at not being able to get black candles anywhere other than those bleeding rose? taper ones.

So....... I thought make her a purple chunk with black overpour in nag champra, after I've burned about 3-4 myself (purely for testing purposes ;) )

Now, my dad likes nag champra too, got him onto it, and I think he really is an old hippy lmao

I'm in Nottingham, big city, and the ONLY place for wax and thats only paraffin is hobbycraft. £4 for 1kg!!

I've got my last lot from craftwise, £10.99 for 5kg bag and spend over £15 (maybe some stearin or vybar) and its free delivery and only took them 2 days!

My soy that Im trying I got from ebay, but I will be getting mine from Nat from now on.

I need to get some more paraffin, got bout 800g left, what am I going to do, even if I order today, won't be here until maybe next friday.

I know the frustration and despair you are feeling, especially when you realise just how much they have available in US, but slowly you find where to get this from and that from.

I'm trying to save £20 a time and buy what I need most then :)

How much paraffin do you need Yvette? I can add it to your order and the postage won't increase - you can order up to 25kgs of stuff from me and the postage is never more than £6. I think the paraffin works out at £2.50 for 1kg, or £2.00 per kilo for 5kgs or more.

I'm in Nottingham' date=' big city, and the ONLY place for wax and thats only paraffin is hobbycraft. £4 for 1kg!!

I've got my last lot from craftwise, £10.99 for 5kg bag and spend over £15 (maybe some stearin or vybar) and its free delivery and only took them 2 days!

My soy that Im trying I got from ebay, but I will be getting mine from Nat from now on.

I need to get some more paraffin, got bout 800g left, what am I going to do, even if I order today, won't be here until maybe next friday.

I know the frustration and despair you are feeling, especially when you realise just how much they have available in US, but slowly you find where to get this from and that from.

I'm trying to save £20 a time and buy what I need most then :)[/quote']

Well I'm jealous too, is there a green faced jealous smiley. Living downunder, previously from UK I have to import most of my stuff. I mostly get fragrances from US and find that if I order about 3lbs in weight the cost of shipping via Airmail is quite reasonable: certainly worthwhile for me for better choice and accessibility than anything I can get locally.

We're about equal distance in opposite directions of US, so cost are probably similar. It would probably pay you to play around with some shopping carts and see how much you can cram into one order before you reach the next level of shipping costs.

Watch some of them really do cash in on shipping costs though and you will soon work out which ones to avoid.

Hi Nat

I was after 5kg' date=' if you have that, that would be brill, thanks.

Let me know and I'll whizz another tenner over, the wonders of modern technology ;)[/quote']

I'll have a look. I've got soy wax coming in next week as I have to pour 500 candles for an order, so if I run out of paraffin doing your order, I'll get some more next week with the soy.

Nat

I think the paraffin works out at £2.50 for 1kg, or £2.00 per kilo for 5kgs or more.

Hi Nat. Do you sell paraffin wax as well then? I'll be after 20kg soon, can you do that? I'd rather give you the business rather than another big company. But don't worry if you can't supply that much.

Anjie,x.

I'm in Nottingham' date=' big city, and the ONLY place for wax and thats only paraffin is hobbycraft. £4 for 1kg!!

I'm trying to save £20 a time and buy what I need most then :)[/quote']

Tell me about it. At least your Hobbycraft sells candlemaking supplies. Our one here in Basildon doesn't. Not that I use paraffin - I'm working with soy. I mean I live in what's classified as London & the South East and we have nothing here. Everything I've bought I've gotten online. I get my soywax from Thorne's in Lincs. My FOs I get from the Candlesource in the US. They are really good quality oils and the price is good too, as is shipping. My wicks I get here in the UK from 4 Candles. They're quite reasonable, unless someone know better.

Mind you sometimes having too much choice can be just as bad. Can you imagine, we'd always be chopping and changing our waxes, FOs, wicks, etc. We'd never get our businesses off the ground. I know I wouldn't, I'd be all dithery :undecided like Mavis from Corrie :grin2:

Ruby

ooooooh' date=' does it smell like the real stuff?

well not a secrety hippy, but I do burn incense (for mediumistic purposes). My hairdresser is a goth and expressed her concern at not being able to get black candles anywhere other than those bleeding rose? taper ones.

So....... I thought make her a purple chunk with black overpour in nag champra, after I've burned about 3-4 myself (purely for testing purposes ;) )

Now, my dad likes nag champra too, got him onto it, and I think he really is an old hippy lmao[/quote']

Yep the Nag Champa is good, not too over powering.

I got black dye chips from Full Moons Cauldron. You need to use quite a lot but you get quite a good black.

I also got another really good black. I was actually going for a dark green but whatever I did mixing the liquid yellow, red and blue I got black - don't ask me how but I did.

Nat I will be needing Paraffin wax too soon, how much is it for a 25kg bag. I find you get better value buying 25kg.

All the best.

Lisa

Hi Nat. Do you sell paraffin wax as well then? I'll be after 20kg soon, can you do that? I'd rather give you the business rather than another big company. But don't worry if you can't supply that much.

Anjie,x.

Yes, I can get this much - I've got a large soy order coming in next week, so if you're gonna be wanting wax soon, I'll add 50 kgs of paraffin to my soy order and then i'll have enough for you when ever you need it. Lisa's right, if you take 25kgs, the price goes from £2.50 for 1 kg to £1.85 a kilo on 25kgs or above.

It does get cheaper than that, but for me to get that price I need to buy 100kgs - i don't use much paraffin so this is just too much for me to get unless I know it's being distributed elsewhere. If I start buying in larger quantities, then I may see if I can kick the supplier up the bum for a discount.

If you want wax, it's best to get 24kgs, because then the weight of the box and bag would take the parcel to 25kgs - which is the maximum weight I can send for £6. As soon as it goes over 25kgs, then that's another £6. Stoopid I know!

On second thoughts - get me 30kg's and I will pick it up next time me and the girls go shopping at Mcartur Glen :highfive: If thats ok with you??? Won't be going for a few weeks yet though.

Anjie,x.

yeah, no problems. I can get container blend, but it's additive free and comes in slabs. I rarely use additives with it except dye and good quality FO. if you need some of this too, lemme know.

PS, your oils are being collected on tuesday, will be with you Wednesday.

I'm about 10 minutes from McArthur Glenn.