Made cp today ughhh

traceyy

Made a cphp batch than got an itch to do cp. It's been at least 3 years since I did a cp batch. I forgot that I have an addiciton to the stick blender lol Tried to swirl, of course I can never keep things simple-tried 2 swirls rofl. Looks really interesting in the mold. Not sure what this will look like, I was at a THICK trace when I swirled so I basically had to spoon it around. So hopefully this works, going to take a peek shortly.

Well I think I made a soap making record in one night. The cphp batch I made is all crumbly looking, I am scared to touch it because it *may fall apart. The cp batch I dont think it worked. Its a little warm in the mold but I dont think it ever got to the gel stage. I peeked at it before I went to bed and it didnt look any different. So I wrapped it back up with the towels. This morning it looks the same as it did last night. How do I know if I screwed this up. I think my mold was wrong. I bought a plastic tray mold from MMS that said it was for cp but I just dont think I pulled this one off.

Is there anyway to tell if this worked or not? I dont even have ash.

It doesn't matter if the soap gelled or not... if the lye was calculated correctly and you used bath and body safe FO then it will be soap. I never let my soap gel. I do not always get ash either.

It sounds like you may not like the look of it but if you swirled at thick trace it sounds like it was well on its way.