Mottles - I'm so confused!!!!!!! And mad!

Ok, so I have done tons of mottles! Tried to do them w/sugar cookie fo yesterday, no mottle - figured I had poured them too cool (even though I had poured at 175), or the basement temp had cooled them off too quickly - so, melted them down and poured again at 185 today just to make sure - have brought them upstairs to cool slower - still no freaking mottle! wth is going on? Just so you know, the small amounts that were left in my prestos mottled w/no prob, and I had one leaking mold (holy crap it's been a LONGGGG time since that has happened), and even the wax that was left in the mold after the leak mottled. So what is going on? Anyone? I'm frustrated! :mad: I think this is confirmation that I need not do bakery scents lol

Yup that's completely possible. Stearic suppresses the mottling more effectively when the wax cools slowly.

Make up a batch with no stearic and melt one of the stubborn candles into it. Now you'll have a 2 candle batch with half the amount of stearic. Pour and you'll have 2 mottled candles.

Yup that's completely possible. Stearic suppresses the mottling more effectively when the wax cools slowly.

Make up a batch with no stearic and melt one of the stubborn candles into it. Now you'll have a 2 candle batch with half the amount of stearic. Pour and you'll have 2 mottled candles.

Thanks, will try it - I think I've been doing rustics so long that my mottling skills have faded lol - I obviously didn't consult my notes on this batch. What a waste of time.