To All The Liquid Soap Experts ????????

mbrown

Okay I have just started making this stuff and I have a couple of questions.

Is liquid soap more drying then bar soap? I know that you have more options with bar soap as far as what types of oils and butter you can use in your recipe but it seems to me that every LS I have tried tends to make my skin feel dry. This would include store bought and the few batches that I have made.

I am not a fan of LS but I have customers that only use LS and for this reason I would like to add it to my line eventually.

Also is there anything that I can add to the soap to make it more moisturizing? Is there a recipe that will make my skin good like when I finish using bar soap?

I have search this site and others and there is just not a lot of info on the stuff. So many questions :undecided :undecided :undecided and Yes I have Cathy Failors?(spelling) liquid soap book. I have read and used some of the recipes and they still seem drying to me.

My experience in the batches I've made so far, it is a little more drying than Bar Soap. But it makes sense to me. I superfat my liquid soaps at 1-2%. I don't get the crystal clear soaps, but they're decent. If I compare that to my bar soaps, which are 5-8%, well, it makes sense that the LS wouldn't be as 'moisturizing'.

I know some companies dilute with Aloe, and when my current paste is ready to dilute, I'm planning on testing a portion of it with that.

I tried adding aloe powder and it turned the batch dark, dark brown. Maybe I added to much. IMO the aloe powder cost to much to add to soap that just rinses off the body. I do add aloe to my milk bath and cream. I don't know maybe I will give it a try again.:o :o

I will also try superfating my next batch to see if this helps.