Over-saturated market?

Bev

Yes the market is over saturated.. but many are just cheap and if you make a nice product and package it right.. you will get the sales. I did a show with 21 vendors, seven of which were candle makers.. and I did great. Four of the seven were on the same floor as I was. I also do some bnb to get more people into the booth. You can't sell if you can't get them in the booth. Every show is a learning situation, you have to watch people, respond to their likes and dislikes, and actually get out there and sell. Long drawn faces behind a table is not a good way to sell anything. Craft show shoppers have seen the poorly made candle for a long time now.. there has to be a reason to take a chance on yours. I recommend Bruce Bakers cd's on booth design and selling to anyone serious about doing well at shows.

I ordered the CD's and will see how they help me.

For those of you that would like to order the CD's here is the link

I listen to the cd on selling every day for a few days before every show.. kinda gets me in the mood and refreshes the ideas he talks about. I've read several books on selling and his methods for crafters are right on and they work.

The booth design cd I listened to alot when I first started out to get the structure of my booth.. but watching people helped with the layout. I found they really did not like to go to the back of the booth... had shelves in the back corner. A friend made the same comment about her booth. We both redesigned to avoid that and both saw an increase in sales and traffic. This is my third year of shows and I can honestly say I've never had a bad one.. made good money at all of them and the cd's helped with that.