Bath Teas

cbv1

Has anyone experimented with Bath Teas? I have been reading about packaging scented dried flowers/herbs in a bath tea bag and sealing these to put in a hot tub. Other suggestions would be to package the scented dried flowers/herbs and include a large tea ball that you can fill and hang in the tub. This sounds interesting to me. Has anyone tried this and if so what pros/cons can you share?

I love bath tea's I buy the teas from wsp and pacakge them in those heat seal bags. The tea alone smells great but you don't get much aroma from it once its in the tub so I add some eo to em. I like the idea about the tea ball.

Like I said I really like them and use them once a week but customers aren't really buying them. I've had them on the shelf now for about 2 months and only sold 6 bags.

Thanks for the info. My bathtub is too small so I have to try all my bath stuff out at my sister's. She has a HUGE tub. So, at home I just take showers. I think people like to add things to the tub that make their skin soft. The teas probably smell really nice but there is no added skin benefit?

As well as using herbs eos and dried flowers etc which smell nice you can add oatmeal or porridge oats, we call them this in the UK you may know them as rolled oats, not sure and adding these makes the water sof and you skin feel lovely

I have been making bath teas for years and sell occassionally at craft shows. Sad to say they aren't big sellers because people haven't heard of them. I am promoting them this year and hopefully they will do better in the stores. I do like the tea ball thing though. Good luck!

As well as using herbs eos and dried flowers etc which smell nice you can add oatmeal or porridge oats, we call them this in the UK you may know them as rolled oats, not sure and adding these makes the water sof and you skin feel lovely

That is a good thought. I will have to experiment!

Bath teas are really nice but it is correct people don't seem to know about them or what they are for but I love them, once you can explain what they are like and how to use them people keep coming back for more it is a bit of a problem getting then to try them though but once you have they are hooked

To get them hooked, this would probably be a great opportunity to hand out samples in current orders, just enough for one bath (make sure you include full instructions). Samples are a great way to get people to come back for more!

Thank you for the suggestions. Samples are great. I always like when I order something from my suppliers and they stick in a free sample of a coloring herb or fragrance oil. I don't use too many fragrance oils in my soaps, but I do make room diffusers with the fragrance oils. I may make some bath teas up for my first craft show in June. I am a bit nervous as well as excited treading into unknown waters regarding craft shows. I think a free tea bag with a purchase is a good idea. Then I can discuss with customers how to use and see what they think first hand!

You might even add a little powdered milk. I think more people have heard of milk bath. I made some for my sister to give out at work and I made lavender buds, milk and salt with lavender eo, and I made rose petals, milk and salt with a little rose FO. She told people how to use them and they loved them. I put them in a large sealable tea bag. She works in the corporate headquarters for a very large retail clothing company and those women she works with can be pretty fussy about the B&B items they use.

Create ideas! Powdered Milk, Oatmeal, also Baking Soda along with flower petals and EO. I just need to track down some sealable tea bags. I know I have seem them on multiple sites! Thanks everyone! :grin2: