coloring

Robertal

I have read that a lot of people use it to also color bath bombs. I haven't tried it myself but I do know that some suppliers sell it for bath and body colorants... It makes sense because it is water soluble.

Just don't use in soap because it will probably not end up the color that you are wanting.

Part of the problem with using Food Colorings or Wilton's Colorant Pastes, is that they're not FDA approved for cosmetic use, they're approved for food use. It would be illegal to use these in a bath product and then sell it. If it's for your own personal use, there really isn't a problem with it, but there may be a reason it's not approved for cosmetic use. Mostly because of staining issues. But there may be more serious reactions such as skin irritation. I honestly don't know, but that's mostly because I don't use them. I do know most of the food coloring dyes aren't light resilent. They'll most likely fade with time.

Purchasing FD&C or D&C dyes (or other cosmetic approved colorants - the 'C' in those abbreviations are what's key) usually isn't expensive. And it's a worthwhile investment. If you buy quality colorants (some are seriously diluted down), they'll last you a long time as well.