Body Butters Which do you prefer?

ladysj

When making body butters I would like to know which you all prefer.

The emulsified or just whipping the butters with oils? I was also wondering if anyone whips just shea butter with a little oil to make a butter. If so how do you like it? I have some unrefined shea that I would like to do this with so they will be getting the full benefits of the shea butter. Any input/thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I used to make just the whipped shea w/ oil, but it's hard to use all over your body, it's better for target areas (ie. elbows, hands, feet) at least IMO.

Ever since I found and tweaked a recipe for an emulsified shea CREAM, I've been hooked on that, and all my shea butter is just going to waste. ;)

While the whipped shea is much faster and easier, I still would like something that's easier to use all over my body if I want to.

You should just try a couple of different recipes and see which you like better. Just make small batches.

I prefer just butters and oils to the emulsified. I've been recently playing with these. I made a shea/mango/jojoba combo that is excellent!!! I still plan to tweak it and add a few more oils, but it's really good so far. The only thing I don't really like is that it goes on greasy which I think is caused by too much shea. However, in prob 2 minutes it sinks in and really works wonders on the skin.

this is a tough ? for me b/c i like both. i like the emulsified b/c it holds up better, meaning no melting in the jar, etc. the whipped is good to me also, but like Michi said , i prefer it on target areas. so i am between the two

I'm with the others who say "both." lol I use the straight oils & butters stuff on cuticles, knees, feet, and even on troublesome dry patches on my face at times. But for overall wintertime heavy-duty moisturizing, I like a thick body cream or emulsified body butter.

Come summertime (it's humid here) I switch to lighter lotion.

I find the emulsified body butter easier to make because it doesn't melt. I've got jars and jars of melted butter:mad: But I also don't like the oiliness. I like it to just soak in. If I feel the need for something more, I just get out a bottle of peanut oil or olive or whatever. But that's just me.

I have extremely dry skin and I love a good body butter.

But for my hands, which are also very dry, I like a thick lotion. Butters are not cutting it when you work a computer all day. I do like emulisified butters, but they are not nearly as effective for me as a well formulated whipped butter.

I recently fell in love with a shea stick I got from a swap.

I adore this thing! It's so silky smooth, I might have to make a few for personal use.