6 tarts to a bag, but not individually wrapped?

Prior to deciding that I wanted to make my own candles, I purchased some tarts from a lady on ebay. She sold 6 of them together in a cello bag, but each of them were individually wrapped in what appeared to be saran wrap.

I've read on here that saran wrap is not the way to go, but I was wondering....when you guys wrap tarts up in a cello bag without individually wrapping them first, do they not stick to each other (especially in the heat of the summer)???

That's the biggest reason I went to clamshells. I started out making the tarts in the foil cups and they look really pretty to start with, but with the least little bit of handling they start to look awful. The foil cups get mashed and so do the tarts. I sell out of my home and take stuff around town to some of my regular customers. I need something I can handle and it will still look good.

I just wish clamshells were cuter! I know that sounds dumb, but I happen to like the flower-shaped tarts....I realize they all get melted the same, but it still makes me happy to see a pretty design beforehand. Yes, my hubby thinks I'm weird too! :D

I tried the clamshell ones and the ones made in the little cups. I wrapped mine 4 to a bag and yes they do get bupped up and start to looked old that's why I went to the clamshells. However, I have not had good luck selling my tarts. I don't know if they are not really popular in my area or what. My tarts smell great! and I price them very resonably but still not much luch sellin gthem. How does everyone else do with tarts?

I dont individually wrap my tarts,,After I make my Tarts I wrap them in Paper Towels to cure, Then I add them to my Cello bags, I sell 8 to a bag. I have shipped them all over including England (where my cousins are). I make sure my box is tight so that they will not get jostled about during shipping,,I sell them like crazy.:D JMO

Hi Tarts are one of my biggest sellers. Of course they are, they are my least favorite to make.I bag mine 2 in a cello bag.I have 32 bins on my gridwall full of tarts at the shows I do. I have brown lunch bags (classy)for the costumers to bag thier own.Does anyone have a wholesale place to buy nice tart burners?

I started doing mine in 2 oz cups with lids on them , souffle cups the kind you see at restaurants to get ketchup in and such . They make it to there destination PERFECTLY.... People say they stack real good for storing them also . I love them... Just make sure you have a label like I have to now saying REMOVE FROM CUP BEFORE BURNING.Cause , yes you guessed it someone burned it in the cup :(

The clamshells didn't go over well in my area either. Most people commented that they like the way Yankee sells their tarts - individually. They also liked being able to mix different tart scents instead of having to buy 3.00 worth of the same scent. I sure was hoping they would go over better because the clamshells are so much easier to make. It just depends on your area, your customers may love them!

I do the same - use the souffle cups. With a little bit of searching you can find them in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. Mine are oval shaped and black - I just love 'em. I was even able to find a manufacturer that doesn't imprint their name on the bottom of the cup so the tart comes out nice and smooth with no imperfections.

Here is a pic of how they look in the cup without any labels applied.

tart_with_lid_no_label.JPG

Here is a pic of how they look popped out of the cup.

tart.JPG

Just something a little different than the norm to think about.

sorry teejay I'm not gonna be of much help - I haven't transitioned in to the realm of selling yet. I'm still up to my ears in testing - been there for three years and I dont see the end in sight any time soon. :laugh2:

I'm just in this for fun for now. Expensive fun, but fun anyhow.

I sell more tarts than anything. I sell them for 75 cents each. I wrap each one individually. I buy the small cello bags from Rustic Escentuals. Put one tart in each bag, fold the bag over and place a small round stick- on label with the fragrance typed on it on the bag. I have a huge basket that I keep filled with seasonal fragrances. Co workers are always asking me to bring it in. People love them once they try them. Especially the electric tart burners. I will sell the burners at cost, just to get people to try them.

I really like individual tarts, the fluted shaped ones. So after thinking about how packing them I decided to sell them individually wrapped in shrink wrap, with a ncie label, so people can buy how many they want and tarts always look good.

Does anyone have a website to purchase those suffle cups?

There actually are a ton of places that sell the souffle cups. Depending on which ones you are looking for - even Sam's Club sells the 1-2 ounce clear cups with lids I believe.

I would recommend just doing a google search for souffle cups and find the retailer closest to you that offers the ones you are looking for - that's what I did and I was able to keep my costs of the cups including the lid and shipping around 5 cents a piece which isn't terribly bad IMO. :undecided