Soy w/ little bit of paraffin

Ok, I'm still working on blending some J223 with 415. I used 14 oz soy, 2 oz J223 and 1 tbsp beeswax. I wasn't sure what temp to pour so I poured at 125 b/o the paraffin. Anyone have experience with this? Maybe I gave up too soon on the 50/50 but I repeatedly could not get it wicked right. I'm just trying to get rid of frost and general uglyness after burning.

Invest in a heat gun and go 100% soy! I bought mine at Home Depot- it was $30.... well worth it if you're selling your candles.

Try Nature Wax C-3 too... a great wax to use and scent throw is awesome with most scents!

Or let your wax cool to around 110 degrees before pouring.

It also depends on the container you're using.

Best of luck!

Invest in a heat gun and go 100% soy! I bought mine at Home Depot- it was $30.... well worth it if you're selling your candles.

Try Nature Wax C-3 too... a great wax to use and scent throw is awesome with most scents!

Or let your wax cool to around 110 degrees before pouring.

It also depends on the container you're using.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply Violet. I have a heat gun and love it but still have frost and discoloration after burning with all soy. I'm trying to use wax that I can pick up at Alabaster and avoid shipping costs. I'm not selling yet, I've got tons more testing with this new wax and jars, etc. Maybe one day.

I'm getting no frost or discoloration after burning using 100% gb 464 and liquid dyes- even up to heavy amounts of dye. It also colors really easily and only the very dark and vivid colors require heavy dye loads. I also love the low melt point as it's soooo easy to wick. Sometimes I do get crystalized tops after burning, but I'm not really sure why. It's not always, just often lol. There's no frosting in it though.

-Kristi