Storing tarts in #5 plastic containers

Okay, I read that I can store my tarts in the plastic containers that have a #5 in the triangle on the bottom. My question is this....can I store tarts with different scents in the same container or will the scents blend together?

I will be receiving several FO's in the mail shortly and will want to make several different kinds of tarts. I want to be able to store them all without having to buy multiple containers.

Thanks for your suggestions!

In my experiences the cold scent has blended when I've stored more than one scent of items in the same container but it seems to go away in the hot throw. Personally, I don't store any of my unpackaged items of different scents in the same container any longer because I didn't like how much the scent blended...

That's been my experience.

Every corner I turn in this hobby.....BAM....I get hit by a truck! Still gonna keep on truckin' though.... :tiptoe:

Sooooo.....now what? I can't possibly buy a container for every scent that I intend on trying. How do you guys store your tarts?

I pour all of my tarts/melts in the clamshell now. I love the way they are protected and stackable! I just keep them all in a box now with no worries. When I did the regular single tarts I put each one in a 4 mil 4x4 zip lock and then stored them in stacks (with paper between them) in a box. The clamshells really take alot of the hassle out of tarts! If you store them together without packaging, they get bumps and bruises and scrapes! not too pretty when you want to sell them! And if you stack them up they leave marks on each other!

The gladware containers are stackable, so won't take up that much space. They can get expensive, though, if you have a lot of different scents. I felt it was a necessity, better than losing the money and hard work involved in making the tarts. I stack several of my different scents (only one scent in each container) and they do not mix. If you plan to make approximately 30 or so one ounce tarts at a time, then you will need the family size to store them in. I write the name of the FO (if it's a keeper) on the container with a magic marker so I won't put another scent in that one later. I agree with others that you don't want to mix scents in the same container. I have to check my display jars often to make sure a customer has not put the tart back into the wrong jar. Once, this happened and I didn't notice, so sealed the jar up at end of day, left it there for a few days in the wrong container. I thought I was going to have to throw the rest of the jar out. It took several days of airing them out to get the scent of magnolia out of my tropical tarts. I seal mine individually, too with shrink wrap. I also make my tarts very strong. I would think that the stronger you make them, the bigger problem you would have in scents blending together. I've seen people sell unwrapped tarts and throw all scents together in a zip lock back and inconsiderately give them to customers this way. Even the cheap scented ones would probably blend together if left long enough in the same bag.