what went wrong?

well here goes

i made 4 votives today if you can call them that

i used

8oz wax

15ml FO

3/4 of a redigo glow dye chip

poured them into a polycarbonate votive mold holder waited first i noticed it cracking along the top as it cooled then when removed from holder it has a white look all around it:( yet its not there on the top

please help as banging head here and its sore

does the white look like it's been dusted in talcum powder? That's ecosoya for you.

Also - try doing two pours. Pour 3/4 of the way up the candle first, let a skin form and poke a relief hole. When the candle is almost set up (not stone cold but a definate firm skin on the top and the wax has receeded away from your relief hole) do the second pour hotter than the first so that it melts a fine layer on the first pour and the two layers blend together. This stopped all my cracking issues.

If this doesn't work. Try adding half a teaspoon of castor oil, or a teaspoon of beeswax while your wax is melting - to soften the wax slightly.

yea, the talc look is mostly on dyed pillars. if you hate it, put a stocking or cut of leg from a pair of tights over your hand and buff it off. not too hard tho cos it'll scratch. Try reducing the amount of dye you use - you won't get the talc on white ones!