Solid Perfume

ladysj

Thank you so much. After I posted I found a recipe for 1 ounce batches lol. This one has just beeswax and a base oil. Is that pretty much the common ingredients?

I found a couple with vaseline not sure what the purpose of that is unless it helps hold the scent better. Just guessing.

I tried the recipe from the recipe section for non-greasy lotion bars yesterday and I love it!! I put my test batch in lipbalm tubes and it works very well.

Donna

Donna,

Did you find that the scent lasts quite a while with that recipe? It does seem like this would go on smoother than the ones with beeswax.

You know, I did. I had to guess at what % FO to use. I found posts that said 6% and posts that said 36%. :o....and I was doing a small batch and OOPS! Added too much FO on the scale....:laugh2: ....I'd have to go find my notes after I remember where I left them to see how much FO I used. But about 7-8 hours later, I could still smell the scent. I was happy with that. It was very moisturizing on my wrists too. LOL. I have several perfume scents in a roller ball...and they are so greasy. I like the lotion bar idea. I haven't figured out if I'm going to up it to a bigger tube or use the slim lipbalm tubes or the oval tubes...but the idea is a keeper!

Hugs,

Donna

Hi Ladies,,just looking at all the posts, and found this one,,and I would LOVE to know about SOLID PERFUME..where do you find recipes and where to buy this??I am not a candlemaker or b&b products but LOVE to look at them..and read about them..

littleshote

Hi, Would anyone like to share how you package the solid perfume. I have but them in clear containers like the ones I use for lip balms, but a little bigger.I am not thrilled with that packaging. I want something a little more up scale. I don't like little tins for them either. Suggestions? Pictures?

Soapymomma