All of my bath bombs have cracked?

I have made bath bombs in the past and was completly fustrated by the whole experience. For some reason I decided to try it again. I made a batch and everything seemed to be fine. After a few days I noticed that several had cracks, after a few more days more cracks. Today it is official, every single one of these little devils have cracks. :undecided Now the battle is on, I am determined to make bath bombs without cracks! What is causing this to happen and how can I stop it?

Could be a couple of things:

1) Are you using water? If so, is it distilled? If you are using distilled water you may be adding too much.

2) If it is not a water issue, you are using too much oil.

3) Where are the cracks? In the center where the 2 parts meet or all over the bomb?

Sorry for the million questions....

Jennifer

Hmmm. I have never tried making a batch of bath bombs with no oil except FO.... It is a wonder that they are even staying together.

I would try a different recipe. It should have a light oil, an oil that is solid at room temp, some people debate about water but if you do use it make sure that it is distilled and all of the rest of the powder substances that makes it a bath bomb.

HTH.

Jennifer

I have also had this problem but only a couple times. And I used sweet almond oil. I have looked for a better recipe, I just haven't found one. So now I am just experimenting and trying to come up with something good. I also thought I would try bubble bath fizzys. But, when I test them, they fizz but not much bubbles to speak of. Anyone have any suggestions?