what to do with metal coat hangers?

dirtybirdsoaps

One of my mom's friends makes table top Christmass trees with them. They are very cute and she says they are easy but I have never looked at how there done. I know all you need is garland, strand of 25-50 lights and either fine wire or just use up your twist ties to secure everything.

Thanks, not in a hurry lol theyre just hanging around :laugh2: ok ya my jokes are dry lol.

Dry or not, it made me smile:rolleyes2 :grin2: . Here you go - did a close-up of the beaded thingie for you too - I think I mentioned she puts a drop or two FO or EO on it to make it smell nice.

HTH, Katinka

post-2061-139458423836_thumb.jpg

post-2061-139458423838_thumb.jpg

Dry or not, it made me smile:rolleyes2 :grin2: . Here you go - did a close-up of the beaded thingie for you too - I think I mentioned she puts a drop or two FO or EO on it to make it smell nice.

HTH, Katinka

Oh, Thank you so much. I bet those make the closet smell wonderful and they're decorative :grin2: I hate just leaving scent packets in my closet.

ooh, we used to make the tabletop trees also with the garland and lights. They were really pretty. I may have the directions somewhere in my stash. If I get the chance this week, I'll look. My mom may even have hers closer at hand. My uncle taught us how to make these one christmas and we were like crazy nuts running around picking out garland and lights to see what color combos we could come up with.

My granny always crocheted around the metal hangers. I have tons of them! Another thing she also did and I don't know if I will explain this right....but she would somehow tie netting around them. I think in the strip idea...which would make a really "cushioned" hanger which was great for hanging suit jackets or sweaters on because with all the cushioning the net provided....it never left hanger marks on anything plus nothing slipped off the hangers. The netting was very full and squished together on the hanger. She would do them in all different colors.

My granny always crocheted around the metal hangers. I have tons of them! Another thing she also did and I don't know if I will explain this right....but she would somehow tie netting around them. I think in the strip idea...which would make a really "cushioned" hanger which was great for hanging suit jackets or sweaters on because with all the cushioning the net provided....it never left hanger marks on anything plus nothing slipped off the hangers. The netting was very full and squished together on the hanger. She would do them in all different colors.

Wish I knew how she did the netting thing. My grandma would wrap strips of fabric on hangers, sewing in a few places to keep in tight.

Wish I knew how she did the netting thing. My grandma would wrap strips of fabric on hangers, sewing in a few places to keep in tight.

I will go look and get back to you...these are my favorites that she made because nothing slipped off them and they were so full it was like putting a small shoulder right in the jacket or sweater which really helped to keep them from getting hanger marks on them. Anyway I still have a few of these and I will go look and see if I can figure out how she did it.