? For people who ship via FedEx

judyvega

Hey guys, I am going to ship a box via FedEx (first time), and it says to stick my label in one of those clear pouches and affix it to the box - can I just tape it to the box like I do w/usps? I would sure appreciate an answer if you know. TIA

Thanks - I'll give the ziplock a try - next time I'm by FedEx I'll pick up some of the pouches - or order them online or something - It's a lot different than USPS! It also says that I need to do a FedEx Ground end of day close procedure to transmit my data to them? So even though I scheduled a pick-up, it's no good until I do this? I can't find on the site where to do it! lol it's aggravating the crap outta me!

You can use regular labels like USPS.

I never use those plastic sleeves. Fed Ex is a bit of a learning curve, but very easy once you get the hang of it. Much cheaper than UPS. You do not need to transmit the days end shipping unless you batch ship. Which is usually commercial shipping in high volume.

If you schedule a pickup, do keep in mind that it is NOT free.

I believe it's 10.00, and they will charge your account for it.

If you have a drop off location, this would be the best way to do it.

You can use regular labels like USPS.

I never use those plastic sleeves. Fed Ex is a bit of a learning curve, but very easy once you get the hang of it. Much cheaper than UPS. You do not need to transmit the days end shipping unless you batch ship. Which is usually commercial shipping in high volume.

If you schedule a pickup, due keep in mind that it is NOT free.

I believe it's 10.00, and they will charge your account for it.

If you have a drop off location, this would be the best way to do it.

Thanks for that info! I will drop it off!

I ordered their free shipping labels when I set up my account, but I jumped straight into the daily pick ups with them. But I've never used the plastic sleeves, just the regular sticky backed labels stuck straight on the box. Since the driver actually SCANS each box before he loads them, I'm sure he prefers the labels over the sleeves, as the plastic would probably distort the scanner. However, if you're shipping anything internationally, you'll need to use the sleeves, and include the invoice in here as well, because it will be opened when it goes through customs.

They have A LOT of different features on their website, and I'm still learning them. I actually have a "phone training" appt at 1:30 today to take me through one of their programs.

I really like them, but my biggest complaint is it takes typically 4-5 business days for the cost of the shipping labels to be processed through your account. I use my PayPal debit card, since that's where most of my business's money is sitting anyway, and it's harder to keep track of funds used. I was mostly shipping USPS before, and it pulled immediately out of my account. So right now, I've got to track several days out. Most of the time its not a big deal, but I've got tons of boxes going out this week, and it's getting a little chaotic. So I've gotten myself into the habit of writing down all the FedEx shipments for the day, with a subtotal, on my calender. When they've cleared, I go back and mark them off.

But overall, I've been very impressed with working with them. They've been incredibly helpful. Their system is much more indepth than USPS and even UPS, but I know once I learn all of it, I will love it.