Possibly a very dumb wick question

I am just starting making my first soy container candles. I ordered some FO's, colorant, wicks and CB 135 wax from Candle Science.

I used their wick guide to help choose the correct type wick since I had no idea where to start. It said for CB 135 wax in a 2 1/2 - 3" diameter container, to choose LT 16 or HT52. The LT 16 was out of stock, so I chose HT52 6" wicks. It came in a bag of 100. I assumed since it said 6", they would be 6 inches long....but they're only 3"????? :undecided

They're way too short for any containers I have. What is the guide for ordering 'length' of wick? I had everything all set up to play, too :cry2:

According to the website those should be 6" long so you might want to ask them about it. They're great and will get you taken care of.

Maybe you can exchange them for a sample pack. Nailing the wick size on the first attempt is unlikely and it's nice to have other sizes on hand to try. Especially since the sizes they have in that category sound pretty small for CB-135. For instance if your container is 3" across, that won't nearly do it.

I use CB135 and find that I have to go up 1-2 wick sizes from the wick guide on the site.

For 2 1/2-3 inch containers I use RRD 40. In the LX series I would use an LX20 or LX22. With the HTP wick series I would use a 104.

I agree you need to order sampler packs in order to see which size works best for you.