JustRightCandles...

Wow, is this something that happens to most people with websites, (exceeding the bandwidth)? Is this the server/hosts fault, as in HCM? Hmm...I am beginning to think all the warnings about HCM should be taken seriously...this is not good! :tiptoe:

bandwidth limits are all set by the host... I seriously doubt I'll exceed mine and if I do I can increase it.

Godaddy hosting with their economy plan gets me 5 GB Disk Space (for file storage) and 250 GB Data Transfer (bandwidth) per month.

I'd be talking to the hosting company for the site and checking what their limit is as well as looking to see if there was an excessive amount of traffic coming from anywhere.

It can happen with very large websites that are not on a dedicated server. However, a small chandling site should never have to deal with exceeded bandwidth. The bandwidth should be carefully watched, and when unlimited pictures, pages, etc, are offered, it is unconscionable that the bandwidth be exceeded. Unconscionable and unacceptable.

So when you buy a website through a place like HCM, and they say 'unlimited products', 'unlimited pages' are included in your website, does that mean you shouldn't run out of bandwidth? I am asking because I don't know much about websites and this would be good to know for the future when I do decide to get a website....

Yes, Just Right Candles was down for a bandwidth excession. But you girls can stop worrying now, it's fixed and just fine. It seems as though Just Right Candles has a very popular website!

My fault, and my apologies.

So, why did it go down for exceeded bandwidth? Shouldn't it be set up from the beginning with plenty of bandwidth so this never happens? If they purchase unlimited etc... with the website, why does this happen?

Just Right Candles is an incredibly popular website and has been using twice the bandwidth of our other sites, and continues to grow. She is a very popular and successful Handcraft Market story! We have adjusted all of our site's bandwidth to accommodate her and our other customers continued growth as well as in preparation for the April launch of our new site builder.

Rest assured that in the extremely rare instance that such a situation occurs it will be corrected in a timely manner. Again, it was our fault, and I apologize. And sosoy .. yes, you are right. If unlimited everything is purchased, then an account should never see this, however, a host still has to make a determination of how much bandwidth to give and sometimes it can be miscalculated. Kind of like an all you can eat buffet.. every now and then someone comes in and cleans you out and you have to cook more.

Just Right Candles is an incredibly popular website and has been using twice the bandwidth of our other sites, and continues to grow. She is a very popular and successful Handcraft Market story! We have adjusted all of our site's bandwidth to accommodate her and our other customers continued growth as well as in preparation for the April launch of our new site builder.

And sosoy .. yes, you are right. If unlimited everything is purchased, then an account should never see this, however, a host still has to make a determination of how much bandwidth to give and sometimes it can be miscalculated. Kind of like an all you can eat buffet.. every now and then someone comes in and cleans you out and you have to cook more.

Ok, gotcha!