UPS Ground or FedEx Ground?

tarynjms

If placing an order, and your choices are UPS Ground or FedEx Ground, and they come out to be the same price (pennies difference), which is better to use? I used to try to do everything by USPS Priority whenever it was available, but those 2-3 days travel time seem to be LONG gone! they can take up to a week now! Does FedEx Ground deliver on weekends? Thanks for any guidance.

Has anyone got a explanation from USPS about this. I have talked to them so many times about this and all they tell me is they don't guarantee it. I've had priority take a week in my same state and they are going to raise the rates? The service is really awful. Sorry for the rant.

I usually have to ship my orders to my hubby's work with ups and fedex, for some reason it's more out here. I like fedex myself, but there's pros and cons for both. Sorry I'm no help LOL.

I prefer UPS. Usually when I get my FedEx boxes they are all beat up, sometimes broken. So now, I always pick UPS over FedEx. The few pennies difference don't matter to me especially when talking about such valuable items as FO's. LOL

The UPS comes at night here, so I pick FedEx.

I am not sure who is better with the packages. I am sure they all have their faults.

I try to choose priority as well. They surprised me lately... I sent a package to AZ and it took 2 days. :shocked2: I was very happy about it.

I asked my carriers about this and they stated FedEx was about $2.00 more than UPS. FedEx doesn't go to all rural areas and UPS goes anywhere. So I pretty much stick with UPS. If you go directly with UPS instead of The UPS Store it saves you a couple bucks on shipping. Also if you're a business UPS saves you a bit, because they charge extra for residential because it is out of their normal route. I have tried everyone and find UPS is comparable to USPS after all the insurance and confirmation is added, plus it can take up to 10 days for someone to get a package with USPS. I really like to track my packages. I had an instance a few months ago with UPS because the cashier hand typed in the wrong address and I didn't catch it. The next day when I spoke with UPS about the problem they intercepted and got the package to the correct address because it was going to another city. Now I rely on UPS to ship my packages.

FedEx here. I switched all my shipping from ups to fedex 2 years ago. They are cheaper & much faster than ups. a package will get to new jersey from texas in 2 to 3 days. Alot of the boxes I receive thru ups look like they have been run over, lol. In fact, I had one that was completely flattened.

PamR

Fed ex here, too. At one time, I used both, but found in every instance that Fed ex was less expensive so I stopped using UPS. They get to some areas faster than UPS while UPS gets to others a day sooner so it was just a tradeoff as far as transit time. I have alot less trouble with Fed Ex damages than UPS, too. I loved the fact that a random ground package could miraculously arrive the next day with Fed Ex, though that doesn't happen much anymore. The reason...if Fed Ex has a plane that isn't full, they will use ground packages to take up the space.

UPS, in my area is the best for me to ship from. I take my pkg. to them so it is closer and the online shipping web site is sooo much better. FEDX is horrid online, they don't even know how to figure out correct rates. With FedX I had to call my credit card company to find out how much was charged to each customer cause they combined the charge. The Post Office site is easy to use and charges are less than UPS if it's under 4 lbs. So check all before you ship.

Hmmm...my Fed Ex rates are always spot on unless I weigh something incorrectly or someone lies about being commercial. My charges are never combined either. Everything goes through my account individually and I get a download notice to download the file showing the charges if I want to.

I was lucky to find a retail shipping store nearer than either Fed Ex or UPS and they accept all types of packages that are prepared online. Fed Ex actually pays them $1 for every box (doesn't cost me extra) and they unload them and everything. Great on a day like today when I had 3 60 lb boxes!

Fed Ex fan here. I researched them all before I made my decision...(and have used them all..and opened accounts with them all). From time to time I check the rates with UPS, USPS and Fed Ex using the same shipping information...and every time Fed Ex is less expensive. There is a learning curve with the Fed Ex site but it is fairly easy and always accurate for me.

I do like it that with Click and Ship they will pick them up at my house but for some reason can't get Fed Ex to pick up. ( I think it is because I am too small at this point) it IS worth the savings for my customers for me to drop their packages off however. I have never sent anything to anywhere that Fed Ex did not deliver.