Pko???

ladysj

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember reading some where on here that PKO can be just as drying as coconut oil. Am I right on this? I have a recipe that calls for lard which I don't have any so I'm wanting to sub something for that.

These are the oils it calls for:

OO

Coconut

Castor

Lard

Which would best palm or pko or I have these oils:

Jojoba

Avocado

Wheat Germ

Soybean

Macadamia Nut

Sweet Almond

I would really like to stay away from the nut oils because I'm so afraid of allergies with it.

WOW that's a brain twister! I read that a few x's and am not sure of your ?

Palm and Lard are conditioning- Palm is plant based and lard is animal based.

PKO and CO are for cleansing and can be drying in high amounts. With this said can you answer your own question.

OK let me see ...... lard is conditioning and can't be substituted for CO which is for cleansing- am I close? :confused:

Here is a GREAT thread from the archives that Bunny did: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3164

Here is an excerpt from that thread: " You know you want a cleansing bar, and the cleansing oils just happen to be hard oils. More than 15% coconut may dry your skin and be itchy, and more than 20% palm kernel oil may do the same."

I would read the whole thread its SUCH a help!

:smiley2:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember reading some where on here that PKO can be just as drying as coconut oil. Am I right on this? I have a recipe that calls for lard which I don't have any so I'm wanting to sub something for that.

These are the oils it calls for:

OO

Coconut

Castor

Lard

Which would best palm or pko or I have these oils:

Jojoba

Avocado

Wheat Germ

Soybean

Macadamia Nut

Sweet Almond

I would really like to stay away from the nut oils because I'm so afraid of allergies with it.

Next time you are at the grocery store, pick up a tub of lard and try a recipe with it in it. Lard in soap is so nice. And its one of those things you can buy locally and save on shipping.