chunk question

I use cookie sheets.....weigh out one pound 4 ounces for a standard size sheet......pour it in and see that it is level.....then wait until you can touch it and it is cool and still pliable. Then use a little sharp knife and cut your shapes.....I cut diagonally and then criss cross it so I get more or less little diamond shapes. I cut long squiggles too....or what ever you want. Hope this helps. Donita Louise

PS.....I like the teflon coated pans best. I have dozens.

I also do the same as Donita...Havent done diamonds or squiggly yet though, they sound like fun!:D I bet my daughter would love a squiggly candle....

crud now I have to go play....lol

The squiggles are fun.....use a square mold.....measure on your wax sheet and using a ruler slice into the wax making a 6" piece assuming you are making a 6" pillar. Then just cut in a curvy line, however curvy you want, then next to it be creative and make a different shape....keep working across the sheet until you and a row of curvy strips. Let them cool....bang the sheet on the floor and they should all come apart....put them in your candle mold....back up with chunks to hold them in place and pour. They are really cute. I did some with rainbow "stripes" going all around. Donita Louise

I use the cookie sheets too , i have found it to be the fastest and easiest way to produce alot in a little bit of time..... my 6 year old is my "chunk breaker upper" when it is an FO that is more or less skin safe he wears rubber gloves and has a blast breaking them up.....he has gotten to the point where he gets really ticked off if someone else does his job:Dyep child labor hehehehehe

thanks everyone for the help. One more question...when making chunk candles, obviously the chunks are colored, do you leave the wax that you pour over the chunks not colored? If you color it, can you still see the chunk effect?

thanks everyone for the help. One more question...when making chunk candles, obviously the chunks are colored, do you leave the wax that you pour over the chunks not colored? If you color it, can you still see the chunk effect?

You can leave the over pour uncolored Or you can color it. I have found it is best to have the chunks the darker color and the over pour a lighter color. Good contrast that way.

The squiggles are fun.....use a square mold.....measure on your wax sheet and using a ruler slice into the wax making a 6" piece assuming you are making a 6" pillar. Then just cut in a curvy line, however curvy you want, then next to it be creative and make a different shape....keep working across the sheet until you and a row of curvy strips. Let them cool....bang the sheet on the floor and they should all come apart....put them in your candle mold....back up with chunks to hold them in place and pour. They are really cute. I did some with rainbow "stripes" going all around. Donita Louise

Thanks Donita!

My darling little sister Sabrina......I guess it doesn't translate into Italian. I mean holding the knife to "draw" wiggly lines in the wax....each one a different shape next to eachother......like an "S".....then a backward "S" or just move the knife where you want it and create unusual shapes....they all come out to be 6" and look very cool in a chunk candle. Do you understand this. I don't thing I have a picture of one but I might. I will look for it. Love, Bis Sis Donita