Ecosoy-CB134 or GB444

Quick question, I see you are in Louisville, KY. Do you know who the closest supplier would be to the Nashville, TN area for the GB waxes? I am obviously trying to keep shipping costs to a minimum if possible. Thanks!

Quick question, I see you are in Louisville, KY. Do you know who the closest supplier would be to the Nashville, TN area for the GB waxes? I am obviously trying to keep shipping costs to a minimum if possible. Thanks!

Aztec International is Knoxville would be a good one for you.

jason

www.soycandle.com is located in Kentucky. I just bought a case of the GB 444 as I really love it. She is still having a sale on a 50LB box for 29.99. You might want to chek her out,,HTH

Hi Breanna -

I have seen alot of your posts and just finished even reading an old testing post where you tested 464.

I have narrowed down to either the 415 (w/o additives) or the 444 (with additives). I am just wanting to get a good hot throw in most of my oils, I don't think that is asking too much lol

Out of the waxes you have tried, what would you recommend and what seems to be your favorite for what reason?

thanks so much!

Jami

Hi Breanna -

I have seen alot of your posts and just finished even reading an old testing post where you tested 464.

I have narrowed down to either the 415 (w/o additives) or the 444 (with additives). I am just wanting to get a good hot throw in most of my oils, I don't think that is asking too much lol

Out of the waxes you have tried, what would you recommend and what seems to be your favorite for what reason?

thanks so much!

Jami

For me the 444 has the BEST hot/cold throw!! I still have the 464 and its okay but I prefer the 444. My Hubby also liked the way my candles smelled with the 444. I have one with Rose Bouquet and all ya have to do is walk past it (not Lit) and you can smell it. I have a 6 bedroom house and when that candle is lit you can smell it all over the house and thats in a 16oz Kerr wide mouth jar.

If you are not sure just buy a sample and try it. That is where you will know whats best for you.

I prefer Blended waxes over straight plain wax. HTH

I tested some out yesterday. When I first poured them the first one I poured at 135 and it sunk and flaked. The second one I poured which was a rectangle jar I poured at 120 and it was a little smoother but again it sunk in the middle. The third one I poured was another smaller rectangle jar and I poured it at 110 again it still sunk in the middle. Needless to say I had to hit it with the gun the next day.

I thought I had a perfect top when suddenly I noticed the cracking. It looks almost like I used beeswax instead of 444. I have to say the throw is great. The wicks tend to mushroom a little more with this wax but I have to worry more about the cracking after I smooth out the tops. Briana how is storing this wax especially when it's colored does it frost all over like 415 does? That is my biggest problem. If I store it for a while and open it up its all rough on top and frosted looking.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/stacienevel/DSC_1580.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n83/stacienevel/DSC_1579.jpg

When I set up to pour I put my jars in a box, I pour between 135-140. Then I cover the top of the box so that they cool slowly. So far with the new re-blended 444 I have not had any problems with Frosting or cracking or having to use my heat gun. Now when we first received the samples from GB THAT frosted and cracked. They (GB) took it and re-blended it,,this is what I am using now. You can also use some parrifin WITH the 444 if you choose to. I know some people that do that. If you continue to get frosting there is an additive called Frostop I think Millcreek may have this,,I know www.barnloftcandle.com has it as she sent me a sample with my pryme colors, this works also. I used it on the Samples GB sent out a while ago. If you like this wax try the different methods such as adding a wee bit of paraffin and see what happens. as far as storing and curing,,I use 16oz Wide Mouth Kerr jars and I use the cartons they come in and store them in this.

Please remember all waxes will work for some people and maybe not others,,I find this geograhically true. We had a topic on that once.

I hope that I have helped some of you out. Keep on testing:D

When I set up to pour I put my jars in a box, I pour between 135-140. Then I cover the top of the box so that they cool slowly. I use 16oz Wide Mouth Kerr jars and I use the cartons they come in and store them in this.

I ordered 50 lbs of the GB 444 from soycandle. It's already been shipped and will be here Wednesday :D

Now for my question, you put your jars in a box and pour. I have been told not to do this with soy because the heat from jar to jar that close will cause wet spots on the sides closest to each other. I know with paraffin the slower they cool, the better they do and don't pull away from the jar or have wet spots. Is this type of wax similar to this method?

I know the one thing I am excited about is not waiting til the wax is "slushy" to pour! lol Do you find that it requires different wicks than other soys? I have my jars and wicks pretty much narrowed down. I know I will have to test a new wax BUT I need to consider different size wicks other than a couple sampler packs I have if this type of wax will require wicking up or down.

Thanks so much for all your info on the GB 444!

Jami

I ordered 50 lbs of the GB 444 from soycandle. It's already been shipped and will be here Wednesday :D

Now for my question, you put your jars in a box and pour. I have been told not to do this with soy because the heat from jar to jar that close will cause wet spots on the sides closest to each other. I know with paraffin the slower they cool, the better they do and don't pull away from the jar or have wet spots. Is this type of wax similar to this method?

I know the one thing I am excited about is not waiting til the wax is "slushy" to pour! lol Do you find that it requires different wicks than other soys? I have my jars and wicks pretty much narrowed down. I know I will have to test a new wax BUT I need to consider different size wicks other than a couple sampler packs I have if this type of wax will require wicking up or down.

Thanks so much for all your info on the GB 444!

Jami

Well First of all,,wet spots are due to being cool,,,you wont get away from them in any candle and if you do thats great. The first thing I learned on the Board was from Prairieannie " learn to embrace your wet spots". If you look in stores like wal-mart you will see wet spots as they have air-conditioning on. I dont have problems with wet spots until the A/C is turned on way cool. And sometimes I dont get them at all. They are pesky little buggers though,,LOL:laugh2:

As far as the box I put them in to cool, I havent seen any wet spots from doing this either. even when I store them in the carton to cure.

Yes you will probably have to go UP in wick size for the 444,,actually thats with any Soy wax.

I do not mind helping. Its what I am here for and to learn things I STILL dont know!!!,,,:D

Thanks for the info :D

I have 8 oz and 16 oz wide mouth jars. I am currently using CD 16's which do great with my KY 125 soy in these jars. What wicks are you using in yours?

At least I know why I have developed wet spots in my candles the last 3 batches I have made. Its been pretty warm here in TN and I have had the air on for 2 weeks. I kept looking back through my notes wondering what did I do wrong and scratching my head when I was doing it all the same lol.

Jami

Thanks for the info :D

I have 8 oz and 16 oz wide mouth jars. I am currently using CD 16's which do great with my KY 125 soy in these jars. What wicks are you using in yours?

At least I know why I have developed wet spots in my candles the last 3 batches I have made. Its been pretty warm here in TN and I have had the air on for 2 weeks. I kept looking back through my notes wondering what did I do wrong and scratching my head when I was doing it all the same lol.

:laugh2: I dont know much about Lx wicks, when you get your 444 I would test it and see if it works in that too. I use RRD 47 or 55 for my 8oz wide mouth and RRD 55's for my 16oz wide mouths. I have used HTP 126 but the jar got to hot for me, I have used HTP 1312 and they mushroomed in 3 hours which can be used to good. When it mushrooms you know it is time to blow it out, trim it, wait till it solidifies then re-light.

Dont for get to write it in your notes about what causes it.

It drove me nuts until one day prairieannie told me to "Embrace my wetspots" and told me about them. She is a nice person.

Well time for me to go now,,Let me know how the LX's work