CP Soap Properties

bugtussle

I know I have seen a chart that tells you what properties you are adding to your CP soap using various oils (conditioning, bubbling, hardness. Can't find it at MMS or Miller's. I just tested my last CP and it seems to be a little too conditioning, not drying at all, just feel like something is still on my hands. It still needs to cure a while longer, maybe that is problem. TIA

Carole

Thks to all, I'm just learning and need all the help I can find. My recipe was as follows 8oz apricot kernal, 4 ozs castor, 10 ozs coconut, 15 palm, 15 rice bran, 3 ozs cocoa butter, 5 ozs sunflower, 20 ozs water, and 8 ozs lye. It traced great, scented with Grn Irish Tweed, 1 oz/#. It's cured for about 3 weeks and I tried a little. May just need to cure more, or maybe it is toooo

conditioning. Carole

I always reserve judgment on a new recipe until the soap's had a good 6 weeks of cure time. IMO, it's too early to judge before that. I've had soaps that were kinda so-so on lather early on in the cure, but lathered like crazy after a few more weeks. Time really can make a difference!