Palm pillars

cybersix

here are my latest, it seems I can't get lights right with my light box. Photography it's not for me... I hope candlemaking is!

The first is a mix of crystal/feathering wax, the secnd are a couple of crystalizing, the third a cuople of feathering.

Thanks for looking!

post-1267-139458423212_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458423216_thumb.jpg

post-1267-139458423218_thumb.jpg

Sabrina......Sid and I just looked at you candles. He was so impressed with the palm wax....because he hasn't seen any of mine....because I don't make them anymore.....I don't have luck with the burn. How does the palm wax you are getting burn? My very first one was wonderful.....it left a lacy edge in an octagon shape candle.....it was gold and scented strawberry jam...see..I still remember. Then I tried it again....and the candles always burn down until they spring a leak. So after using up my 50 pounds.....I just quit. They are so pretty.......but they drove me crazy.....well.....I am already crazy but you know what I mean don't you? I have a hard time with photos too, but your photos always look good. Big Sister.....Donita

How do you say groovy in Italian?

:DI don't know!

Great? Wonderful? Are these synonims?

Thanks A, can you please tell me what do you do to turn pictures like this???? I have a free and simple software for images, plus I'm totally ignorant... :o

Thanks a lot!

Hy my beloved sister, I get good results with 36 ply flat braid or LX30.

Mine never leakes, yesterday my neighboor showed me the one she bought and burnt to the end, no leaks and a thick shell, because she doesn't burn it for at least three hours at a time. The pink and brown are for her.

Thanks!

Sabrina......Sid and I just looked at you candles. He was so impressed with the palm wax....because he hasn't seen any of mine....because I don't make them anymore.....I don't have luck with the burn. How does the palm wax you are getting burn? My very first one was wonderful.....it left a lacy edge in an octagon shape candle.....it was gold and scented strawberry jam...see..I still remember. Then I tried it again....and the candles always burn down until they spring a leak. So after using up my 50 pounds.....I just quit. They are so pretty.......but they drove me crazy.....well.....I am already crazy but you know what I mean don't you? I have a hard time with photos too, but your photos always look good. Big Sister.....Donita

Very pretty candles - love the brown one. Are these scented?

:D yes!

The brown one is fresh brewed coffee, the tall blue is Aphrodisia, the short blue is Hollyberry and Ivy (yes, the color doesn't match), the short violet is st Nick's Lane, the tall pink is baby powder.

The brown and the pink were for a customer, the other are my tests for scents/crystalizing/feathering.

Hi Sabrina, just came back to have another look at these pillars. Could you please explain something to me. I know what Palm Wax is, but for your first pillar you say it is a mix of crystal and feathering wax and the 3rd picture is feathering etc. - is this something you add to the Palm wax or are they all diferent types of Palm wax? Thanks. Sarah

Hi Sabrina, just came back to have another look at these pillars. Could you please explain something to me. I know what Palm Wax is, but for your first pillar you say it is a mix of crystal and feathering wax and the 3rd picture is feathering etc. - is this something you add to the Palm wax or are they all diferent types of Palm wax? Thanks. Sarah

Hi Sarah, I have two types of palm wax I bought from CandleWic, palm 2 and palm 3, one is crystalizing palm wax and the other one is feathering palm wax.

Sometimes I like to mix them. The brown is 70% crystalizing and 30% feathering. The others are only one type of palm wax, not a mix.

I hope this answer to your question, if not.. just beat me on the head and reask!

Hi Sarah, I have two types of palm wax I bought from CandleWic, palm 2 and palm 3, one is crystalizing palm wax and the other one is feathering palm wax.

Sometimes I like to mix them. The brown is 70% crystalizing and 30% feathering. The others are only one type of palm wax, not a mix.

I hope this answer to your question, if not.. just beat me on the head and reask!

Thanks I totally get it and would not dream of beating you on the head.:grin2: I think the testing of wicks would push me over the edge if I had to start trying Palm wax now.