What if?

Now that I have my own store and I'm doing fairs I've started to reconsider my wax. I'm happy with the wax; it's not perfect, but what wax is? My wax is only carried by one supplier (it's their house blend). I began to think, "what if they (a) go out of business, (B) run out of stock at a crucial time, © go up a lot in price? Maybe I should start working with a wax that is carried by many suppliers?

Anyway, I know that's a personal decision, but I was wondering if that's a consideration for other chandlers out there. Did you choose your wax based on universal availability (as well as other qualities)? Have you considered what would happen if your wax just wasn't there anymore?

Yep, been there. I just order new wax & start retesting. I hate it, but seems that wax is never consistent from one batch to another. I noticed you are from New Orleans, I'm in NE Texas. Was wondering if there are any suppliers that I don't know about in the area. I order from Cajun, Wickwares, BCS amoung lots of others.

PamR

Yep, been there. I just order new wax & start retesting. I hate it, but seems that wax is never consistent from one batch to another. I noticed you are from New Orleans, I'm in NE Texas. Was wondering if there are any suppliers that I don't know about in the area. I order from Cajun, Wickwares, BCS amoung lots of others.

PamR

I order my wax from Greenleaf Candle Supply~do you know that supplier? It's in Texas. I have ordered from Cajun and BCS, but those are the only suppliers I know that are in the Texas/Louisiana area.

Well, I made a switch about 6 months ago to save on shipping.

I did all my testing and they burned good but the consistency was different.

Slowly but surely, I was getting contacted by my long-term customers saying.....Something's different. I explained I was trying to save hundreds of dollars on freight but would do what they wanted.

Everyone preferred my old formula.

Needless to say, I will pay the shipping from here on out. It's just not worth losing customers.

I order my wax from Greenleaf Candle Supply~do you know that supplier? It's in Texas. I have ordered from Cajun and BCS, but those are the only suppliers I know that are in the Texas/Louisiana area.

Yes, I started ordering my pillar waxes from them, then they changed manufacturers, so I'm waiting on the new wax to test once again. I also order from Lonestar, Just by Nature, & when I have to, from Wixnwax in gladewater. I try not to order from their because their shipping is just too darn high. :wink2:

PamR

Mei-Mei, I am just north of the lake from you and I order from Just By Nature, Lonestar, Cajun & Peak's.:D

Goodness, I forgot about Peak's and Just by Nature. I don't know how I forgot Peak's~~they make some of my favorite FOs:o

I've never ordered from Lonestar. Now I have to add another website to my list of favorites!

I order my both my votive and container wax from JustScent but I buy it 4 cases at a time and get the 200# ups discount. I used to use Cajun for wax when I used IGI but got some of that goofy J223 and decided to change. As far as I know Cajun is the only LA based supplier and nothing in MS. :cry2: I would love to have a supplier that I could just drive to.

MeiMei you MUST try LS...they have some of the best scents!

Almond Cake, Angel Wings, Bluebonnet, Cookies n Creme, Creamy Vanilla, Downy April Fresh, Frankinscense & Myrrh, French Market, Green Tea & cucumber, Moonlight Lace, Moonlight Path, Moonlight Sonata, Nag champa, Olive Leaves (I LOVE this scent..it's actually burning downstairs right now), pecan sandies, Plum struedel, pralines n creme, Pumpkin pie spice, Quince (this is becoming a very big seller for me...very clean and light fruity),raspberry violet, red current & tulip, red current & thyme, red velvet cake, rice flower & shea,spiced apple, spruce orchard, sugar plum spice, Tulips, warm vanilla sugar, white tea & ginger, wisteria......just to name a few!!!!!

Almond Cake, Angel Wings, Bluebonnet, Cookies n Creme, Creamy Vanilla, Downy April Fresh, Frankinscense & Myrrh, French Market, Green Tea & cucumber, Moonlight Lace, Moonlight Path, Moonlight Sonata, Nag champa, Olive Leaves (I LOVE this scent..it's actually burning downstairs right now), pecan sandies, Plum struedel, pralines n creme, Pumpkin pie spice, Quince (this is becoming a very big seller for me...very clean and light fruity),raspberry violet, red current & tulip, red current & thyme, red velvet cake, rice flower & shea,spiced apple, spruce orchard, sugar plum spice, Tulips, warm vanilla sugar, white tea & ginger, wisteria......just to name a few!!!!!

LOL....I'm going to go broke!