Has Anyone Every Made Black Soap?

LadyNiya

Good afternoon everyone, I'm back after being sick for almost a month and a half!! I'm interested in making black soap and adding some fragrance oils to it for the family and to give as mothers day gifts to friends and family. They love all the gylcerin soap and goats milk soap, I want to add something new. Is there a certain procedure to follow or do you just rebatch it like you would other soaps?

Thank you all so much

LadyNiya

The problem with black soaps really, is to get it black and not a dull grey, you have to use so much dye that you are then going to have stained wash rags and grey suds. Not something most people find appealing.

I'm not really sure what the next part of your question is. Not sure if your asking what procedure you should do or what. Maybe with some clarification that would help others to answer.

:)

*LOL* at the way I spelled ever....

yes I was asking about African Black Soap. It's sold in blocks here and i was wondering do you shred it down as to rebatch it? I have never really worked any other soaps other than melt and pour. I can't bring lye in the house because of the shi tzu's i have and my son. So I was walking around the different shops and saw black soap and I really want to try it for the family.

Thank you carebear

ABS can be shredded, zapped in the microwave to melt stage and molded individually or in a log and sliced. I have a customer who buys it in a 3 lb loaf to slice herself. I scent it with a bit of orange and a bit of coconut.

Oh, I thought you wanted to make some black-colored soap too. lol I was going to recommend black oxide, mud or clay, but was going to warn you about staining and dark lather like jcandleattic. heh heh!

LOL yep, that's what I thought!!

I've heard of ABS but I've never dealt with it before so have no advice on it.

Thanks,