Popular scents in M&P soap at Farmer's Market

Caroline

I see so many different scents, and I have a couple that friends have raved about. I just have a couple of questions, since this is my first time to go to market!

For those of you who bring m&p soap, how many different types of soap do you bring? I keep reading that you need to bring 15 to 20 different types of soap, is that how many you bring? Also, what has been the request of customers, mostly scented and colored, some uncolored and unscented? And I know this is a silly question, but do you sell a lot of soap that is simply colored and scented? Nothing special added to it? It just seems so easy to make those!! I am going to bring some loofah soaps, goats milk soap, shea butter, low sweat white. Any other types you would suggest, or is that a good enough variety?

Give me all the tips you can! Thanks!

Caroline

I see so many different scents, and I have a couple that friends have raved about. I just have a couple of questions, since this is my first time to go to market!

For those of you who bring m&p soap, how many different types of soap do you bring? I keep reading that you need to bring 15 to 20 different types of soap, is that how many you bring? Also, what has been the request of customers, mostly scented and colored, some uncolored and unscented? And I know this is a silly question, but do you sell a lot of soap that is simply colored and scented? Nothing special added to it? It just seems so easy to make those!! I am going to bring some loofah soaps, goats milk soap, shea butter, low sweat white. Any other types you would suggest, or is that a good enough variety?

Give me all the tips you can! Thanks!

Caroline

Take all you can because it's way better to have too much than to run out when you could still be selling more!!

What you take for scents strongly depends on the area you live in. What works for me may not work at all for you.

I have found that Coffee scented soap sells like heck for me.. Milk and honey scents also sell like crazy and Green clover and aloe is huge!

I don't sell any soap that is simply colored and scented, but that's because I got the "additive itch" early on in my soaping and have never looked back lol. Additives make my soap, but I can't speak for yours or anyone else's.

Good luck to you!! I hope you sell out and need to double it next time!

I would suggest You start Looking at what other soap vendors in your area are carrying! Then Just go for the season..some florals..some fruits..

There are sooo many scents! You will do great as Long as your products look and smell good!!

If soaps are like candles, different areas will have different tastes - one area may love florals and another may love bakery scents.

Usually lavender and vanilla scents do well with me. Maybe something like omh would do well in soap (this might be a personal biased opinion because I really like this scent).