Goats milk question

msmeredith

Is there a way to use goatmilks in CPHP without it turning chocolate brown? Can I use it after the cooking process? I love everything about the soap except the color. I had to scent it fudge brownie because it was chocolate colored soap. Will coconut milk behave the same way? Or do I have to stick with CP method when dealing with milks.

Yes the milk was frozen.

I don't do CPHP and only do CP so I am just venturing a guess. If you hold some of your liquid (GM) back and adding it after the cook, I would think it would be fine since GM turns that funny color when it get overheated and curdles. If you can keep the GM from curdeling, I think you should be fine and your soap won't turn that color.

Chocolate fo will discolor because it usually has vanillin in it. Doesn't matter if you CP or HP it, in my experience.

Goat's milk soap, without any color or scent added, goes a golden tan color in my recipe. It doesn't turn chocolate brown. Doesn't matter if I CP or HP it. My exact same recipe, without gm or color & scent, stays an ivory (creamy) off white.

hth

Chocolate fo will discolor because it usually has vanillin in it. Doesn't matter if you CP or HP it, in my experience.

Goat's milk soap, without any color or scent added, goes a golden tan color in my recipe. It doesn't turn chocolate brown. Doesn't matter if I CP or HP it. My exact same recipe, without gm or color & scent, stays an ivory (creamy) off white.

hth

Same here.

The only time my GM soaps go darker than that nice golden tan color is if I use a discoloring FO.

No, I did not add the fragrance until it was finished and it was already chocolate brown colored. Thats the reason I chose that particular fragrance because of the color of the soap. The GM soap does well if I CP but just turns brown when I cphp. My question mainly is this, Does it turn this way in all HP processes? Not cp. I have cp gm down packed but cphp is kicking my tail because of the color. Maybe I will try adding after the cooking process before I mold and see how that works. Thanks ladies.

Hmmm...guess I'd need to see your recipe and method to troubleshoot for you. I don't even wait until the end of the cook to add my gm, and I never get brown soap! I'll scratch my head,though, and see if I can't come up with some possibilities for you. :undecided Right now I'm puzzled!

P.S. My gm never scorches either. At least not when I am using canned or powdered. Even when I've had frozen milk scorch and go orange a bit, the soap was still not brown ...

No, I did not add the fragrance until it was finished and it was already chocolate brown colored. Thats the reason I chose that particular fragrance because of the color of the soap. The GM soap does well if I CP but just turns brown when I cphp. My question mainly is this, Does it turn this way in all HP processes? Not cp. I have cp gm down packed but cphp is kicking my tail because of the color. Maybe I will try adding after the cooking process before I mold and see how that works. Thanks ladies.

No.

Even when I HP a GM soap, unless I use a discoloring FO I get a golden or slightly darker tan colored soap. I've never had a GM soap turn that dark brown with just the GM.

Sorry.

Like AJ said, maybe post your method and recipe so we can troubleshoot what might have gone wrong.

I took Meredith's post as she didn't add the FO until it had turned brown which is what she did. That's why I wasn't thinking it was the FO. But, not even burning the GM when doing HP won't darken it? I've never HP'd GM soap so I am just wondering. Does it darken more than it does with CP? I know with CP soap, GM can cause it to turn orange when curdled or the color of cardboard - at least that is the darkest mine has gone.

I took Meredith's post as she didn't add the FO until it had turned brown which is what she did. That's why I wasn't thinking it was the FO. But, not even burning the GM when doing HP won't darken it? I've never HP'd GM soap so I am just wondering. Does it darken more than it does with CP? I know with CP soap, GM can cause it to turn orange when curdled or the color of cardboard - at least that is the darkest mine has gone.

I guess I should have clarified. I've never scortched a batch of GM soap while HP'ing it and only once when doing CP, so I can't speak to what it would turn out like if that were to happen. Even the scortched CP never got darker than say a kraft label or brown paper sack.