How much do you charge for lip balms?

Caroline

Since I'm bringing Lip Balm to Farmer's Market, I'm trying to settle on a price. I was suprised when I added it up how cheap it is to make, but I don't want to put to low of a price tag on it! I was thinking of $2.00 or $2.25. I guess I feel like I am competing against Burt's Bee's who sells it at places around here for $2.00 a tube. And if you do lip gloss, do you charge more or less for that than regular lip balm? I would just be doing a clear lip gloss, I'm not adding mica's to color them. Thanks for any advice!

Caroline

I've seen it as high as $5 per .15oz tube, which I think is outrageous!
Yup, that is what Body Shop charges for their 0.15 oz tube, or you can get 2 for $8. I know 0.15 oz does not sound like a lot, but it will last for quite a long time. At least 3 months. When you think of $x spread over this time period, it is really not that expensive to charge at all.

I got a sample from a lady who sells hers for - are you ready - $15 for a .15 oz tube!!!

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Does she go along with it and run to your aside and apply it ever so gently? Dear lord is right, that is outrageous!!!!!!!!

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

Does she go along with it and run to your aside and apply it ever so gently? Dear lord is right, that is outrageous!!!!!!!!

wouldnt that be fun? LOL Here is the link http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=44

from the site:

All natural ingredients include Japanese fruit oil, Siberian Ginseng, Ginkgo Biloba, Soy and 11 butters & oils infused with vitamin A which makes lips plump naturally and look so healthy!

Im interested to know what the ingredients are since she doesnt have a full list