Strawberry FO in soy

I am on my 3rd com'pany's strawberry FO. I currently have ICS strawberry preserves. It is AWESOME in the bottle and did fine with my tarts BUT........

EVERY candle I have tried to make with strawberry has a VERY weak hot throw.

My last candle was made with KY125. I used 15 oz of melted oil and 1.5 oz of FO. (I have tried 1 oz up to 1.5 oz in the past) I added the FO at 150 degrees and poured once it was a tomato juice consistency. I used an 8 oz jelly jar with a CD 10 wick. After curing for 8 days, it was a weak throw. I put it in my bathroom to get a better idea of how little it is throwing. I didn't use any color to see if that would affect the throw.

My b/f keeps asking me when am I going to figure out how to make a strawberry candle that smells as good as the glade candle or the yankee candle. :( Strawberry is his favorite scent. *sigh* lol

Is it just me or is Strawberry one of those FO's that just doesn't throw well in soy?

Thanks.

I bought a bottle of Strawberry Jam from Just Scents and it is the best strawberry I every smelled! I only let it cure overnight before I burned it and I could smell it all the way through my house!

I always add my fo at 175 degrees and stir real well then let cool to my desired temp before pouring. I try not to use any more than 7% fo per pound of wax. If you have to use any more than that, it probably won't work anyways and it's time to look for a better fo.

BCN's Strawberry Jam is excellent in soy! I only use 1oz pp. I almost think someone maybe have been asking about strawberry FO on here not too long ago; if you find that, it might give you some other ideas too. Good luck!

Thanks for everyone's reply. It seems BCN has the vote of the best strawberry. I will order some to see if I can get it to actually have a hot throw. I was beginning to think I will end up with every strawberry fragrance out there just to get SOMETHING to work lol

I appreciate the help!

Jami

I always preferred McSoy's Strawberry Jam for my 100% soy wax. Great hot and cold throw, and all my "strawberry lover" customers said it was their favorite! I never even needed to cure the candle; could burn it with 24 hours w/o affecting the scent throw.

I've been testing strawberries over and over again, and the best and truest I'v found is ICS Freshly Picked Strawberries.

I also found out it is better to add the fo at around 180° and of course you have to let the candle cure.

Personally, I didn#t find BCN' very good.

BCN's Strawberry Jam is excellent in soy! I only use 1oz pp. I almost think someone maybe have been asking about strawberry FO on here not too long ago; if you find that, it might give you some other ideas too. Good luck!

That was probably me Amy. I am wanting a Strawberry that smells jut like YC's strawberry. I use NG's right now and its very strong and smells great but its just not that fresh strawberry smell. I absolutely hate Peaks'. My husband made me blow it out it was so aweful when I was testing it. It smells like a strawberry candy.

I agree with the Peaks Strawberry not being very good, but their Strawberries and Cream is awesome. I only ordered an ounce of this, but beleive me, I am goona order more, It throws out of this world and to me it has a completeletly different smell than the strawberry.

I have also been searching for a strawberrry scent, decided to order Peaks strawberry, rather than a strawberry jam from another supplier. I guess I'll see. My mom suggested a strawberry for summer, do a lot of you do well in summer with a fruit scent?

I agree with the Peaks Strawberry not being very good, but their Strawberries and Cream is awesome.

Stawberries and Cream Glade candle is his favorite scent/candle. Is this Strawberries and Cream similiar?

Thanks!

Love Glades and Party Lite's Straberries and Cream. Haven't found anything like it. For some reason the ones I have bought have a artifical strawberry scent and no creamy scent. I want something with more vanilla. Would mix my own but haven't found a strawberry I really like and not sure of the vanilla that would compliment it. I already have NG's Fresh Strawberry, Strawberry Daiquiri, Strawberries & Cream, Strawberry Preserves. BCN Strawberry Jam. ICS Fresh Strawberries. KY Strawberry Preserves. Jody's Strayberries & Cream. Cajun Strawberries & Cream. WSP Berries & Cream. TW Berries & Cream. I think that's it but there might have been more I've tested/smelled. As far as vanilla I have a bunch too. So I'll keep trying but if anyone knows of one that smells like the above that would be great. Thanks.

I received my strawberry from Peaks yesterday, also a good oob mandarin plum sample! :drool: After one day of curing I have good cold throw. I think it smells great, it takes me back to my moms strawberry incense from the 70's.

Im going to wait to burn for a couple more days. Peaks had hyacinth for one day and they are out of stock again. I am wanting to try that fo, it gets a lot of positive feedback.

Natalie

• 6 months later...

Hi everybody! I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to put in my "2 scents"!! As far as a creamy strawberry, BCN's Strawberry Cheesecake is my best selling candle!! It throws like wildfire in ez soy and my customers LOVE it!!! As far as hyacinth, BCN makes a fabulous Hyacinth and that one is fabulous in ez soy and I am really not a floral fan! My customers sure love it though!! Good luck ladies!! There are some awesome scents out there and I just love makin' them all!!!!

:yay: